DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Casting Your Phone While Flying

Fat Pappy

Reactions
One of the uses I have for my drone is to inspect the roof of my motorhome. I have a MA2 and an iPhone. I can cast the phone to the TV on the motorhome, but have not tried to do so while connected to the drone RC. Has anyone tried this and gotten it to work? That would provide a much larger (and shaded) screen for my wife to view while I worry about the flying. Interested in y’all’s thoughts.

One of the uses I have for my drone is to inspect the roof of my motorhome. I have a MA2 and an iPhone. I can cast the phone to the TV on the motorhome, but have not tried to do so while connected to the drone RC. Has anyone tried this and gotten it to work? That would provide a much larger (and shaded) screen for my wife to view while I worry about the flying. Interested in y’all’s thoughts.
Yup. Works good enough to inspect my eave troughs.
I mirrored my iPad mini 5 to my 52 inch Samsung TV. There is a noticeable amount of latency, but it does not matter if flying slow in tripod mode.

did some poking around the internet and it looks like you need to use a 3rd party app to mirror your iPhone screen since the DJI Fly app does not have a cast button (like video apps do). there appears to be a couple of 3rd party apps in the app store.

if you had apple TV as your received device you could do it without an extra app but since the apps look to be free no need to buy apple tv unless the apps won't work for you.

i am looking to mirror my iPhone screen running the DJI Fly app to my iPad. Looks like that needs a 3rd party app, too. the two devices have to be on the same wifi network but it seems connecting the iPad to the iPhone's hotspot may work. i need to use the hotspot because i will be outside without access to a separate wifi network.

Reactions: RyanDyal
Yup. Works good enough to inspect my eave troughs.
I mirrored my iPad mini 5 to my 52 inch Samsung TV. There is a noticeable amount of latency, but it does not matter if flying slow in tripod mode.
are you sending to a chromecast device? if so, did you need a 3rd party app? i would be interested in any further details.

thanks...

are you sending to a chromecast device? if so, did you need a 3rd party app? i would be interested in any further details.

thanks...
My TV has Apple TV built in. It is purely an IOS function. That requires that my iPad mini be on my network as opposed to Airplane mode.
For a less “smart” TV, one could attach an Apple TV module.
For a non-Apple device running GO 4, I’m not sure how to do it.

Last edited:
I have an Apple TV that we use in the rig. I can move it to the outside TV easily.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1