DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Castle ruins and advice needed, please...

LarryDeath

Reactions
Hi.

Went for a fly at Dolforwyn Castle ruins which is close to where I am working.

I've edited the footage on Powerdirector 15 and then graded on Colo(u)rdirector.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

However, as you can see from the results, it's quite dark when uploaded to Facetube. It has a completely different aspect to how it looked during the editing process.

I'm using a 4 year old Lenovo currently which chugs a lot when previewing results in colordirector and the darkness of the output changes drastically depending on the tilt of the screen...

I've been doing some research for a replacement and hear good things about the Dell XPS 15 9560.

Are any of you guys using one?

Are they any good?

And if not, is there a platform you would recommend?

Cheers

LD

If you use the auto exposure when recording and don't change things wildly when editing it will be close enough.
Having your screen correctly calibrated for editing photo and video can be a minefield and lighting conditions where you are working will have a very marked effect.
The best way of checking your levels are not creeping out is using waveform scopes in the more sophisticated video software such as Premiere.

A more powerful computer is surely better but not always the first thing to spend on.

I've run the original back through Colordirector and tweaked it.

thoughts/comments?

Cheers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: mavic53
It's a great location, here anything like that is thronged until the weather turns then it's hard to get a decent day for it.
Exposure now looks good but everything is a bit washed out.
It takes a while but good fun playing about. I enjoy editing almost more than flying it now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01