DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Catching Snowmobiles trespassing

Lapeer20m

Reactions
I live on 60 acres. The property stretches for 1/2 mile. I have a difficult time keeping snowmobiles off the property, which is super annoying since its deer hunting season.

One was just out here a few minutes ago. I am going to try and follow the track with mavic to see if I can discover where he lives.

I live on 60 acres. The property stretches for 1/2 mile. I have a difficult time keeping snowmobiles off the property, which is super annoying since its deer hunting season.

One was just out here a few minutes ago. I am going to try and follow the track with mavic to see if I can discover where he lives.
Very clever.

Good luck. Shouldn’t be hard he can’t be any further than 4 miles away!

LOL!

How about one of those game cameras instead or in addition to?

I've tried.

The problem with game cameras is two fold:

They tend to have slow shutter speeds and snowmobiles tend to move quickly. Images are even worse at night. Even if the camera is at a tight turn in the trail, by the time the camera decides to "fire" the snowmobile is usually no longer in the frame.

The 2nd problem is that riders tend to wear full face helmets making it difficult to identify them even if you have good photos.

I don't even mind if they want to ride out here, I just wish they would send me a text first. It sucks when some guy on a snowmobile rides under your deer stand while you are hunting.

Reactions: Rnl
I have that trouble with 4 Wheeler's

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078