DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cautionary tale (Mavic Pro Newbie more money than sense)

When Flying most aircraft , think baby steps, gentle & small movements of controls.
While the DJI Mavic is easier than many there is also some cautions to learn...

I had watched YouTube videos for days before my Mavic arrived... I had been warned to read the manual completely before flying it... I too was impatient and flew is indoors, within minutes I managed to fly into several objects and crack a blade or two but I did avoid flying into me. Later when I read the manual more I learned several lessons of what I did wrong. But many people learn from our mistakes...

Thanks for sharing PJ. There but for luck go many of us!

I bought a $100 cheap drone to practice with before moving up to a serious camera drone. Made a lot of mistakes with that but parts were cheap and it was too light to do any damage to anything else. I'm glad I did as while I was getting quad experience the Mavic was released and blew my previous first choice into the weeds.

The first time I started the Mavic I was impressed by the props. This thing was a flying strimmer! I would not want to get hit by those babies.

Good flying and enjoy your new hobbie (oris what we all share an obsession?)

Cheers

Reactions: PJNEWPILOT2018
Thanks for sharing PJ. There but for luck go many of us!

I bought a $100 cheap drone to practice with before moving up to a serious camera drone. Made a lot of mistakes with that but parts were cheap and it was too light to do any damage to anything else. I'm glad I did as while I was getting quad experience the Mavic was released and blew my previous first choice into the weeds.

The first time I started the Mavic I was impressed by the props. This thing was a flying strimmer! I would not want to get hit by those babies.

Good flying and enjoy your new hobbie (oris what we all share an obsession?)

Cheers

You know the thing is I wanted a drone for quite a while, and I bought a family member a drone for Christmas, it was a cute little thing it could land in your hands and if it came at you it could just be brushed away.
So I said to myself this looks like fun and rushed out to buy my Mavic, no landing in palm of my hands here my friend, this was premier league stuff. Getting to know the perfect settings will be a challenge, smooth Gimble movement and correct exposure are my main concerns. Can’t wait to really get to know it inside out.

When Flying most aircraft , think baby steps, gentle & small movements of controls.
While the DJI Mavic is easier than many there is also some cautions to learn...

I had watched YouTube videos for days before my Mavic arrived... I had been warned to read the manual completely before flying it... I too was impatient and flew is indoors, within minutes I managed to fly into several objects and crack a blade or two but I did avoid flying into me. Later when I read the manual more I learned several lessons of what I did wrong. But many people learn from our mistakes...

Yes we do, but it’s so much fun learning as long as we avoid getting scalped by the **** thing [emoji23]

Reactions: shoemaker
Is this for real? It costs $25.00 and sounds like its not put on by the FFA.
Geo
the $25 is a middle man for faa regs,it costs $5 and the $20 is for using their service but you can go directly and get licensed for $5

Yes we do, but it’s so much fun learning as long as we avoid getting scalped by the **** thing [emoji23]

Believe it or not I regularly hand catch my Mavic Pro. Especially in areas that have limited space to land in. So my point is once you master the flight controls you should be able to hover so precisely as to allow hand catching.

Reactions: PJNEWPILOT2018
Where are you in the U.K.? You’re more than welcome to come fly with us here in Northants. I used to teach RC helicopter flying so the basics are the same.

Ahhh shame I’m in the middle of london but thanks for offer

the $25 is a middle man for faa regs,it costs $5 and the $20 is for using their service but you can go directly and get licensed for $5

Why would you link to that site in the first place!? That's not cool at all. :( I only found out AFTER I gave them all my personal information.... That site is a scam and should be reported and taken down. :mad:

Reactions: shoemaker
Why would you link to that site in the first place!? That's not cool at all. :( I only found out AFTER I gave them all my personal information.... That site is a scam and should be reported and taken down. :mad:
their not breaking the law

You weren't stupid, you were ignorant. You didn't know what you didn't know. I'll save stupid for the people who do things they know they shouldn't do by regulations, or simple decent concern for the non-droning public. You unknowingly risked your drone and TV, furniture, etc. The stupid ones risk other person's safety and risk forcing the government to stomp on our hobby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde