DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CBR or VBR? What are your settings?

ClearPropMedia

Reactions
Hi everyone,

What are your go to video settings on the M3?

Mine are 5.1K 30FPS in VBR. Ideally, I will do D-LOG and then the CBR/VBR option disappears, but in normal mode I select VBR. I want to make sure I am getting the best footage possible. Which one do you use and which is better?

The only video out of camera that has looked silky smooth to me is 4K 60FPS. Everything else has been jittery somewhat.

Thanks!

Reactions: alex_markov
...I want to make sure I am getting the best footage possible... which is better?
All depends on what you're gonna use the footage for ... which conditions you have when making the shoot ... if you do post processing after worth or not, it doesn't exist one "best" setting.

...The only video out of camera that has looked silky smooth to me is 4K 60FPS. Everything else has been jittery somewhat.
And the device you try to play 5,1K on ... can it handle that hi resolution?

All depends on what you're gonna use the footage for ... which conditions you have when making the shoot ... if you do post processing after worth or not, it doesn't exist one "best" setting.

And the device you try to play 5,1K on ... can it handle that hi resolution?
Always do post processing afterwards. Usually use my footage for sharing online but I am Part 107 so looking to do professional work too.

My device is a MacBook Pro 2020 with Intel and 32GB ram. I get the same issues in 4K on this machine. I’ve never been able to establish if the issue is the laptop or the footage.

Can you re-encode in DaVinci Resolve at 4k?

Does it downsample when you export to a lower resolution?

Yeah 4K60 but does Youtube support that? Do most output devices or big TVs with Youtube apps support that mode?

Always do post processing afterwards. Usually use my footage for sharing online but I am Part 107 so looking to do professional work too.

My device is a MacBook Pro 2020 with Intel and 32GB ram. I get the same issues in 4K on this machine. I’ve never been able to establish if the issue is the laptop or the footage.
I use a desktop with a AMD Threadripper 3970X, Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb TI graphics card and 64GB of memory. All my hard drives are NVME Solid state. 4K to 8k plays without issue. But, in editing software, anything above 4k slows down a somewhat when being processed.

Hi everyone,

Mine are 5.1K 30FPS in VBR. Ideally, I will do D-LOG and then the CBR/VBR option disappears, but in normal mode I select VBR. I want to make sure I am getting the best footage possible. Which one do you use and which is better?

The only video out of camera that has looked silky smooth to me is 4K 60FPS. Everything else has been jittery somewhat.

Thanks!
After some testing I chose 4K60fps and that's that ;) for me - ah, I forgot I shoot Normal as D-log assistant is not available and I can't see a thing while flying ;) :) But Hasselblad color "Magic" Is Great for my taste and I do less in Davinci now ;)

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
I always use CBR even when will make larger files but is the best quality.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
After some testing I chose 4K60fps and that's that ;) for me - ah, I forgot I shoot Normal as D-log assistant is not available and I can't see a thing while flying ;) :) But Hasselblad color "Magic" Is Great for my taste and I do less in Davinci now ;)
I find 4K24fps to be best as this is what most pros use to take video for movies. I guess your brain/eyes work different than most.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll