DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DNC78

Reactions
I have recently had issues playing back some of my files from the M3 with windows media player and opening files with DaVinci resolve 17 although I can use them in VLC media player.

Error code 0x80004005 unsupported encoding settings.

This is not something I have come across before with the M2z, so I did a test recording in different settings to see which playback ok.

I recorded in 4K and 5K, d-log and normal, CBR and VBR in 264 and all of the d-log footage gave this error code but the Normal colour footage was fine.

I repeated this in 265 and all of the footage played back ok.

H264

4K d-log CBR = X
5K d-log CBR = X
4K d-log VBR = X
5K d-log VBR = X

4K normal CBR = OK
5K normal CBR = OK
4K normal VBR = OK
5K normal VBR = OK

H265

4K d-log CBR = OK
5K d-log CBR = OK
4K d-log VBR = OK
5K d-log VBR = OK

4K normal CBR = OK
5K normal CBR = OK
4K normal VBR = OK
5K normal VBR = OK

Are these results normal?

I did the test to make sure I never loose footage again as I have never come across this before and wanted to know which combination worked and would playback. The clips were 20sec each filmed inside so I’m unsure if extended clips while flying will be ok quality wise.

I have recently had issues playing back some of my files from the M3 with windows media player and opening files with DaVinci resolve 17 although I can use them in VLC media player.

Error code 0x80004005 unsupported encoding settings.

This is not something I have come across before with the M2z, so I did a test recording in different settings to see which playback ok.

I recorded in 4K and 5K, d-log and normal, CBR and VBR in 264 and all of the d-log footage gave this error code but the Normal colour footage was fine.

I repeated this in 265 and all of the footage played back ok.

H264

4K d-log CBR = X
5K d-log CBR = X
4K d-log VBR = X
5K d-log VBR = X

4K normal CBR = OK
5K normal CBR = OK
4K normal VBR = OK
5K normal VBR = OK

H265

4K d-log CBR = OK
5K d-log CBR = OK
4K d-log VBR = OK
5K d-log VBR = OK

4K normal CBR = OK
5K normal CBR = OK
4K normal VBR = OK
5K normal VBR = OK

Are these results normal?

I did the test to make sure I never loose footage again as I have never come across this before and wanted to know which combination worked and would playback. The clips were 20sec each filmed inside so I’m unsure if extended clips while flying will be ok quality wise.
It kinda makes sense since D-log is 10 bit and 10bit h264 would be a really odd codec. I would honestly just stick to h265.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929