Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE Mavic 2 Pro Range Limitations - GPS or RF Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjkilo

Reactions
Dear all,

I have wondered where the restriction on range really comes from; is it the strength of the controller (CE being lower than FCC) or even if the signal was amplified would the GSP distance to 'home' stop the drone from flying any further?

moderator edit (info from intro post by OZ):

I'll be hunting around for answers to;

1. With racing goggles used will my work on boosting the remote controller power (Alientech) be a waste of time? i.e. is the signal coming from the goggles instead?
2. Being in the UK is the CE range limited by the transmission power or done so via the GPS distance from 'home'?

Last edited by a moderator:
A broad question on the limitations of range on our wonderful Mavic drones; is the limitation on how far we can reach defined by the transmission strength or is it based on the GPS distance from the home location?
You can fly as far as you have good signal and that will very in different environments.
In a good interference-free location, you can meet or exceed DJI specs for range but in an urban area where there's plenty of interference, range will be less.

It all about the transmission and reception power of the remote controller

Chin up good sir, I’ve fielded said question in alternate forums as you will no doubt be aware some frequent more than others and thus it may be of benefit to others. ? I wasn’t able to find the answer to this definitively anywhere else.

I assume you’ve read the others; care to be helpful and answer the one that remains to be unanswered (goggles related)?
If I knew about goggles, I would have answered.
But the forum is a lot tidier and easier to follow if you only ask a question once.
If it's not about a specific model, ask in the General Discussion area.

See #6 here: Community Rules

Not sure how this slipped by but your not having 2
identical threads.Lets just stay in you first one.@mattjkilo

Reactions: Thomas B
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members