DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE Version of Mavic Mini. Big disadvantages in UK and EU.

Well my CE version was controllable PAST 2000m
I can confirm this also! I have only tried 1 long range test over flat countryside with very little breeze conditions just out of curiosity and achieved 2500m until I started to get slightly choppy video feed and then my bravado fell to pieces :eek: and at that point turned it around manually to bring it back in. :cool:

Flew my mini out over the fields today, I have to say with the most recent firmware (v01.00.0500) has improved stability of connection ,View attachment 100557 I smashed my distance record at 2,253m!
I see you have 21 warnings during the flight! what did they consist of? As I only received 1 warning which happened at 1000m to adjust my antenna during my flight.

I see you have 21 warnings during the flight! what did they consist of? As I only received 1 warning which happened at 1000m to adjust my antenna during my flight.
[/QUOTE

Most of them were wind warnings, a couple of adjust antennas, then I lost connection lol. I know better but I flew with the wind, but kept RTH value reasonably low. I usual stay within VLOS, but was an interesting experiment

Ive had really good results with my CE Mini, got over 2 miles out and still had a signal. I manually chose a 2.4ghz band with minimal Interference before I set off.

have a look at the video below..

sorry for what may be a stupid question - will the mini select 2.4 or 5.8 automatically depending on area its in. I live on the outskirt of a country park so have lots of empty spaces to fly in. No real built up areas as such. Hence should i leave it in manual or switch to 2.4 - i understand that if switching to 2.4 you also have to then select an empty channel - how do you know if a channel is empty?

sorry for what may be a stupid question - will the mini select 2.4 or 5.8 automatically depending on area its in. I live on the outskirt of a country park so have lots of empty spaces to fly in. No real built up areas as such. Hence should i leave it in manual or switch to 2.4 - i understand that if switching to 2.4 you also have to then select an empty channel - how do you know if a channel is empty?
welcome to the forum, i have always flown in auto select and have flown all over Wales without any problems are you talking about Bryn Bach Parc because they have a no drone policy

welcome to the forum, i have always flown in auto select and have flown all over Wales without any problems are you talking about Bryn Bach Parc because they have a no drone policy

cheers for the update - no i live close to Aberdare Country Park. I am lucky enough to be able to step out my front door and enter the outskirts of the park . there are miles of hills and fields to fly

Hello everybody I am a newbie. Just bought a mavic mini and was impressed with the claimed up to 2km range. On the first flight I was getting weak antenna signals at 60 m distance and 30 m height. I thought I had a faulty drone but after searching the Internet I have found a lot of people have this problem. I live in a Wi-Fi dense area so I changed manually to 5.6 GHz, I used channel 149 I think, and this more than doubled the range I was previously getting. I am going to try some parabolic reflectors on the antennas, and using Airplane Mode, and I will try and find a reasonably Wi-Fi free rural area for the next test. I also found this interesting YouTube video, this guy did the location hack, then measured the RF power with an RF meter before and after, and in actual fact found that the power reduced, and he thinks that it is a hardware difference in the models

I personally think he’s wrong, -16 dbm is a less number than -12 dbm, there is 4 dbm gain in signal strength with the hack.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark