DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE Version of Mavic Mini. Big disadvantages in UK and EU.

Well my CE version was controllable PAST 2000m

That is strange? Mine where not able to go past that? I tried several times. So bad my phone crashed afterwards so I lost my recorded screen [emoji53]

Will try it again when the the time and weather allows.

I used to own a Mavic Air, I always had good WiFi connections, long story short I crashed it and it was replaced by DJI via Photoguard insurance.. My new replacement was in comparison terrible to the extent I was able to provide Airdata evidence resulting in the drone been replaced; the replacement drone once again had WiFi almost as good as the original. I’m able to fly my CE Mini out to 1300m with no real issues, I realise some people are disappointed with their drone, from experience and reading other people’s review I believe there are production tolerances at play and not all DJI drone (including model versions) are created equal.

Reactions: bebbe

Obviously not the whole video but it shows it going past 2000m.

Yes, mine did to but stopped around 2050 meters. As I said before. Efter that it did not want to go further?

I had a more stable videofeed than you had. But compleatley lost it when I turned the drone to go back?

Yes, mine did to but stopped around 2050 meters. As I said before. Efter that it did not want to go further?

I had a more stable videofeed than you had. But compleatley lost it when I turned the drone to go back?

Maybe you had the distance limit set in the app on your phone?

This worried me before getting the CE. then i got it, flew it, couldnt see it passed about 250m and realised i wouldnt want to fly it 1000m away let alone 2-4km. So i'm comfortable with range so far

Those calling it just a toy.... i mean yeah. If anyones buying this for professional use that would be silly. But it's a relative expensive "toy" and i'm happy with its capabilities.

It's quite clear there isn't a software limit on distance. I only tested it after your comment if stopping pretty much exactly where mine stopped and because the weather was so nice today

Hi, could Someone please help me. I’m trying to find out if an American remote control for a Mavic mini will operate a UK version without any issues. I dont understand frequencies etc.
thank you in advance
andy

Hi, could Someone please help me. I’m trying to find out if an American remote control for a Mavic mini will operate a UK version without any issues. I dont understand frequencies etc.
thank you in advance
andy

No, it won’t. “American” only has 5.8GHz while CE version has 5.8 (at very different power levels) and 2.4GHz.

It is pretty sure that DJI this time blocked fcc at MT1SD25 / MR1SD25 models....other than importing one from US, CA or AUS there is no chance this time to get fcc in europe or other ce countries...
Hi,
could you tell me if an American Mavic mini controller will operate a UK Mavic mini drone. Thanks andy

Perhaps the easiest way for me to think about this drone range in Europe is to compare it to the phantom 3 standard.

Accordign to DJI Transmitter specs are

Phantom 3
  • 5.8GHZ only I believe​
  • CE: 14 dBm
Mavic Mini -
  • 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz
  • 2.4 GHz: <19 dBm (CE)
  • 5.8 GHz: <14 dBm (CE)

Essentially I expect it will perform almost exactly as a phantom 3 in 5.8GHZ mode (range sub 500m) but the benefit is extended range on the 2.4 GHZ frequency due to higher power used and lower signal attenuation.

Ordered mine will be happy if I get around 1km range in clear areas.
I'll post an update once I check as just sold my phantom 3 to upgrade.

The best thing though at this price is the portability and camera quality.

My question is:

What make the 5.8Ghz CE version fly shorter distance than the FCC distance?
If I fly CE version in a non CE, non FCC country, can I fly upto 4km just as the FCC? If not, why not?

My question is:

If I fly CE version in a non CE, non FCC country, can I fly upto 4km just as the FCC? If not, why not?
its to do with the signal strength that the controller puts out and that is controlled by individual countries and comes under radio communications rules that DJI have to comply with

Reactions: Thomas B
My question is:

It’s a totally different transmitter, using way less power (40mW for CE and 1W for FCC). It’s a physically less powerful radio. Switching the CE model to “FCC mode” (for instance when flying it in the US) will turn the radio slightly up but nowhere near the normal FCC version.

The attached screenshot is from a video where they tested all possible combinations (the yellow one, FCC model in FCC country (with fakegps hack) got 3800m until they had to return because of battery warning)

92bab84005092e4ebf945aac02c84722.jpg

It’s a totally different transmitter, using way less power (40mW for CE and 1W for FCC). It’s a physically less powerful radio. Switching the CE model to “FCC mode” (for instance when flying it in the US) will turn the radio slightly up but nowhere near the normal FCC version.

The attached screenshot is from a video where they tested all possible combinations (the yellow one, FCC model in FCC country (with fakegps hack) got 3800m until they had to return because of battery warning)

92bab84005092e4ebf945aac02c84722.jpg
Is it possible you can post this Youtube Video link?
Very keen on MM but live in South Africa and nervous to spend the money with only having a 500m flight distance.

I am in the uk and have preordered.Am I wasting my money?.what are the distance limitations (distance and video feed).Im not to concerned about distance drone can fly away from you more concerned about distance video feed will be lost.
I had a original Mavic and was very impressed with the ocusync so this all sounds a little worrying.
Thanks

Going from Occusync to wifi, you may notice issues....
And it's going to be sucky...

Reactions: Lastrexking

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661