DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cell phone compatibility with MM

timjet

Reactions
I've purchases a MM and now need to get a new cell phone. I like the Samsung A51 phone. It is not listed on the compatibiluty list but the A50 is. Being the A51 is a slightly better phone I would prefer that phone. Anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy A-51 phone works with the DJI Fly app and the MM?

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
It should work with DJI Fly, it has the same chipset and gpu as the A50, but it is Android 10

Thanks, if I can load the DJI fly app on the A51 does not mean it will work. Best Buy may let me do that pre-purchase.

The real test would be connecting to the drone and flying to see if there is any video lag or glitching, but I believe with BB you can return it within 14 days.
The A51 should be able handle the cpu processing but you never know

Hi have Samsung a70 the larger version of a50 works fine also have huiwei p20pro works fine but can find a extention lead that works with either have trid 3 different ones

Yes it will work OP.

RobbieBeer, use the cord that came with your phone, and just order a short adapter for the USB end off Amazon, like this. 20200626_111723.jpg

Hi thanks for reply prob it's a mini
So lead supplied micro usb to c so just can't find a longer lead that work usb setting in pphone says charging but won't change to pic

Hi thanks for reply prob it's a mini
So lead supplied micro usb to c so just can't find a longer lead that work usb setting in pphone says charging but won't change to pic
I use the cord that was supplied with my new Samsung S10 phone, and a short adapter cord ordered from Ugreen on Amazon.
Included in the picture I attached is the package, the cord came in, and a picture of the cord itself.
I use that for my Mini controller to Samsung phone or Samsung tablet.

Another photo, showing the two cords disconnected.
The short cord is what I ordered.
The longer cord came from Samsung with my phone.

Attachments

• 20200626_135731.jpg
    20200626_135731.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Screenshot_20200626-140244_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot from my actual Amazon order.
The advertisement doesn't specifically say it works with my S10 or tablet, but it does.

Hi have Samsung a70 the larger version of a50 works fine also have huiwei p20pro works fine but can find a extention lead that works with either have trid 3 different ones

Something like this, just one data cable.

The MM remote controller has a micro-A port, but it does accept the more common micro-b plug

1593209492367.png

Last edited:
OP here, thanks I ended up getting a Samsung S-10e and have installed the DJI fly app. I bought the DJI Care refresh plan and now when I try to pair my phone with the MM the software is asking me for a activation code for the care refresh plan. DJI did send me a confirmation of the purchase but no activation code. Help??

Hi have tried 4 different supposed to be otg but none of them work have ordered adapter recommended will check if works
Put the ogt into the rc not the
Hi have tried 4 different supposed to be otg but none of them work have ordered adapter recommended will check if works
I got the type c otg from dji it won’t work it you if you plug it into the phone or tablet it has to be plugged into the rc it worked for me that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerCyclist