DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cell Phone Memory ? App compatibility with Apple Iphone 11

Mr Mint

Reactions
I am about to purchase a new Air 2s combo package. I am also looking at a new cell phone which is the Apple Iphone 11. Would you recommend going with 64 or 128 or 256 gigs of memory on the cell phone? For me I have the impression that 64 gigs of memory would be enough. Any comments? Also are both the Fly App and DJI GO 4 app both compatible with the Iphone 11 ?
I have seen on another web site where the GO 4 app is not compatible with the I Phone 11. Any further comments. Thanks Mr Mint

@Mr Mint unless you are planning on storing a lot of pics and videos on your phone then the 64 gig would be plenty ,its not the storage thats important but the processor speed ,and its ability to handle the amount of processor power that the DJI Apps use ,dont forget that the Go4 App has a 32 bit operating system and the Fly App used a 64 bit operating system ,

I didn't know that the GO 4 App runs on a 32 bit system. That would explain why the Iphone 11 would only operate on the Fly App only. I assume that the Apple Iphone operated on a 64 bit system. I wonder if anyone else has any further comments on the use of the Apple Iphone 11 when using the Fly App.

I didn't know that the GO 4 App runs on a 32 bit system. That would explain why the Iphone 11 would only operate on the Fly App only. I assume that the Apple Iphone operated on a 64 bit system. I wonder if anyone else has any further comments on the use of the Apple Iphone 11 when using the Fly App.
Far as I know, 32 bit software (Apps) should have no problem running on a 64 bit OS. The reverse is not true. You cannot run 64 bit software on a 32 bit system.

The iPhone 11 works fine, as noted, buying a larger version allows you to store more data that you might transfer to it. But..... I would not recommend that, get a 64GB version and save some $$..

When you are flying and taking photos and video, those are stored on the SD Card in the drone. Most people I think at the end of their flights, take the SD card to a computer and use a USB card reader and transfer the data to a computer and move them into editing apps.. At 4K, 5 minutes of video can consume about 4 gigabytes, so even with a large device, you could potentially fill any device in relatively short order if you flew a lot .. Also transferring large videos from the drone to the device via Fly can be far slower than moving them with a USB device to a computer.

Also. for a little more info, in Fly, it does configure some cache space, you can set it to a specific amount and older files drop off the end or you can setup it up as I recall to be Auto, which looks at free space and cleans up as needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa