DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

? Centering the camera/gimbal vertically after panning?

gette

Reactions
Hi all,

Is there a way to easily/quickly perfectly center the camera/gimbal vertically after panning?

And is moving the blue dot on the app the only way to pan the camera/gimbal left/right?

I know there is quick horizontal horizon centering, but can’t seem to find a way to quickly center the camera/gimbal to align perfectly with the nose again after adjusting.

Actually I can’t even figure out how to perfectly align it with the nose again using the blue do and the little nav/att display.

I have searched all over and seen some ways to do it in older GO apps and/or other models but these tips didn’t seem to be available and/or work on the Mavic 2 and Go 4.

This seems like an important function to me.
Or is it standard practice to Yaw instead or pan camera left/right when filming? I would think panning is more stable then yawing.

Regardless of which way is better, I’d think an easy way to center it vertically (like you can horizontally) is important and certainly desired.

Thank you all,
Geo

Not tried it yet but seen it mentioned on a few videos that C1 button centres gimbal.

I thought this only centered it horizontally. I tested it before and swore it didn’t move back vertically.

But I just did again and it certainly does.

I knew it had to be something like that. Lol

I feel like such a Noob. Lol

Thank you sir!
Geo

Reactions: Thomas B
I thought this only centered it horizontally. I tested it before and swore it didn’t move back vertically.

But I just did again and it certainly does.

I knew it had to be something like that. Lol

I feel like such a Noob. Lol

Thank you sir!
Geo
Glad that worked for you.

I had the exact same issue on my maiden flight yesterday and wasn't until today I heard about the C1 button.

Reactions: gette
Hi all,

Is there a way to easily/quickly perfectly center the camera/gimbal vertically after panning?

And is moving the blue dot on the app the only way to pan the camera/gimbal left/right?

I know there is quick horizontal horizon centering, but can’t seem to find a way to quickly center the camera/gimbal to align perfectly with the nose again after adjusting.

Actually I can’t even figure out how to perfectly align it with the nose again using the blue do and the little nav/att display.

I have searched all over and seen some ways to do it in older GO apps and/or other models but these tips didn’t seem to be available and/or work on the Mavic 2 and Go 4.

This seems like an important function to me.
Or is it standard practice to Yaw instead or pan camera left/right when filming? I would think panning is more stable then yawing.

Regardless of which way is better, I’d think an easy way to center it vertically (like you can horizontally) is important and certainly desired.

Thank you all,
Geo
I set the C2 key for Forward/Down, and when using it after panning it will reset the camera if you've used the panning feature.

Reactions: gette
You can set the C1 or C2 buttons
Or the easiest method is on your screen swipe your finger to the left and another screen
comes up with center camera and a couple of other things.

Last edited:
Something I do all the time now as if you fly much faster than 10mp (at least with my M2 Pro), the gimbal will make a quick drop down back to center which on a video looks bad. I would prefer to fly at times with more sky, less ground but the gimbal hard re center in flight is a pain and trying to maintain 10 to 12mph can be difficult also.

Paul C

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke