DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Central Cali

If you are Part 107 registered, there are many areas to fly. I often make the drive from Silicon Valley to Elk Grove. With many small airports and heliports airspace could be a challenge, but with your Part 107 reg, airspace significantly opens up.
So if you have your part107, you can fly near airports? Can't you do that as a hobbyist as long as you inform the tower?

Patterson, modesto area. Just got the MAVIC this weekend. Haven't been able to fly yet. Too busy with work but hopefully soon. If this **** wind dies out.

I'm in Modesto. I've been flying (for the visual beauty) around Hwy 108 and Wilms Road area ... this is outside of Knight's Ferry, away from the Corp of Engineers.

I live in Lemoore. I usually fly Kings River near Hwy198, in the hills south of Coalinga, Santa Barbara, or just about anyplace I wind up while goofing off. Headed to Shaver Lake and that area this week. Will post to Youtube if I get some good shots. I'll post even if they are bad shots! :)

I live in Lemoore. I usually fly Kings River near Hwy198, in the hills south of Coalinga, Santa Barbara, or just about anyplace I wind up while goofing off. Headed to Shaver Lake and that area this week. Will post to Youtube if I get some good shots. I'll post even if they are bad shots! :)
I've been wanting to fly out at shaver. Looking forward to your video.

Where in SB?

I live in west Fresno near Herndon and 99. There’s a lot of open fields out here. I just go behind my house and can fly 3-4 miles west no problem. I’m sure there’s even more room out there, but I didn’t want to lose battery going much further. I haven’t flown mine in months. Now that it’s getting cooler, I’m getting the itch again. Those 100+ days are just too much.

I live in west Fresno near Herndon and 99. There’s a lot of open fields out here. I just go behind my house and can fly 3-4 miles west no problem. I’m sure there’s even more room out there, but I didn’t want to lose battery going much further. I haven’t flown mine in months. Now that it’s getting cooler, I’m getting the itch again. Those 100+ days are just too much.
That's funny... I'm over by island Waterpark. Yeah there are plenty of open fields. Maybe I need to go out further west to check out other fields.

Reactions: BAMRoller
Elk Grove here!

I was about to ask about SLO County spots, but it seems all county parks have banned drones. I’m guessing drones buzzing Hearst Castle wasn’t a popular thing either.

So where are some good spots to fly anymore around the Central Coast? I’m hoping Pismo Beach dunes would be allowable to film some off-road action.

With the recent Bay Area shelter-at-home orders, it may be a good time for a road trip to see and appreciate our beautiful countryside again.

Reactions: regdawg
Hi, I’ve flown around Morro Rock - have to be careful of the wind. Beaches are always nice. There’s a train trestle bridge on Stenner Creek Road behind Cal poly.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54