DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Certification

allenface

Reactions
Hi folks. I’m a bit confused about just what certification I need to be able to not only fly legally but for my production company. Also, where can I get the materials to study?

Greetings Allen

It sounds like your company is a commercial money making firm and you are either owner/employee and will be compensated. Based on that you will need Part 107 Certification.
As far as obtaining materials to study for the exam you have many options available. A lot of YT videos, the FAA web, or one of the numerous online courses.
The one I used was Gold Seal. HERE is a link to their web. I am not saying this is the best but I passed the exam on my first attempt. It was presented in a easy to use friendly format. If you follow the study program they guarantee your success. In addition they are a approved vendor on this site

Reactions: Forensics_Pilot
Go to FAA DroneZone for registration and follow the instructions. Many threads on study for 107 ...just search it with those words.
So the 107 is the key. Thanks. Thought as much but wasn’t sure. That’s my New Years resolution...to get certified. I’ve been accused of being certified by many others but not sure that type of certification counts.
Happy 2020 all. The end of our last decade. 2021 marks the beginning of the next one. Remember that debate back in 2000? That’s why Kubrick titled his epic space movie 2001 and not 2000.

Greetings Allen

It sounds like your company is a commercial money making firm and you are either owner/employee and will be compensated. Based on that you will need Part 107 Certification.
As far as obtaining materials to study for the exam you have many options available. A lot of YT videos, the FAA web, or one of the numerous online courses.
The one I used was Gold Seal. HERE is a link to their web. I am not saying this is the best but I passed the exam on my first attempt. It was presented in a easy to use friendly format. If you follow the study program they guarantee your success. In addition they are a approved vendor on this site
Pretty much tears it. Not courting a loan out but if a paying gig came along, I'd like to be qualified and legal to consider it. That being said, the latest material I've found is dated 2016. I thought there were newer and less complicated materials that deal specifically with UAS, and not the Airman's Knowledge Test. Am I off base here?

Attachments

• Study Guide cover.png
    Study Guide cover.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 15
Pretty much tears it. Not courting a loan out but if a paying gig came along, I'd like to be qualified and legal to consider it. That being said, the latest material I've found is dated 2016. I thought there were newer and less complicated materials that deal specifically with UAS, and not the Airman's Knowledge Test. Am I off base here?
Even though you are flying a UAS there are questions on charts, weather, NOTAMS, controlled airspace, etc- everything an airman needs to know. Since you will be sharing the airspace you also will need to know.
Since I really knew noting about aviation, except plan tickets are expensive, I went the pay for knowledge route and took an online course

Reactions: allenface
Hi folks. I’m a bit confused about just what certification I need to be able to not only fly legally but for my production company. Also, where can I get the materials to study?

You can easily pass the 107 exam with a high score by studying the materials below. The 60 question test will take 15-20 minutes if you know the material. Average study time is about 15 hours in total.
1. Tony Northrup video and associated fact sheet. Watch this video first.
2. The Official FAA Study Guide. This is comprehensive and contains just about everything you need to know.
3. 3dr Practice Exam, as well as the practice exam and info on Rupprecht Law. These exams are very similar to the actual one.
Read the actual text of the Part 107 regulation. There are test questions on this.
Pay for an online course if you find it more convenient; it's definitely not necessary.

Even though you are flying a UAS there are questions on charts, weather, NOTAMS, controlled airspace, etc- everything an airman needs to know. Since you will be sharing the airspace you also will need to know.
Since I really knew noting about aviation, except plan tickets are expensive, I went the pay for knowledge route and took an online course
I like that approach. Can’t really ascertain what materials I need to learn. Better pay for the right course and just do it.

You can easily pass the 107 exam with a high score by studying the materials below. The 60 question test will take 15-20 minutes if you know the material. Average study time is about 15 hours in total.
1. Tony Northrup video and associated fact sheet. Watch this video first.
2. The Official FAA Study Guide. This is comprehensive and contains just about everything you need to know.
3. 3dr Practice Exam, as well as the practice exam and info on Rupprecht Law. These exams are very similar to the actual one.
Read the actual text of the Part 107 regulation. There are test questions on this.
Pay for an online course if you find it more convenient; it's definitely not necessary.

This is great advice.
It took me 35 min. to complete the test with a passing score of 87.
I used the resources listed above, studied for a few weeks, but started here with this good video from Matt Johnson:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaffito