DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CF Props

I have heard the word disestablishmentarianism but never antiestablishmentarianism. Now thats a real winner!

Only German has the longest words....something about an EU certified butcher....LOL

Only German has the longest words....something about an EU certified butcher....LOL

The German language has always fascinated me. Germans can make 3 or 4 words into one and make it sound charming. Had to Google the one you are referring to.

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

a "beef labeling regulation and delegation of supervision law." It even won an award:

"This was a 1999 German Word of the Year"

You found it :). Makes Gestalt & schadenfreude easy.

Here’s a set of doozies. $50 shipped....ok, I’ll pay $100 for you to fly ‘em. Notice they are approved to combine with factory props, but with 4, it is perfect.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

These appear to be c-f copies of the same design 'shape' and pitch etc. as the M2Pro 8743 prop's ... If that's the case then you'll find that they will give similar performance, but the motors will draw more current to spin them. The rpm will be lower due to the stiffness of the prop-blades, and flight duration will be shorter. Since the rpm will be lower, your top-speed will also drop.
On the plus side, due to the lower rpm, these prop's will probably be quieter than the DJI stock 8743's, and since they don't flex, they will keep the Mavic a lot more stable in the hover (good if you are flying a M2Pro Zoom).

That is about what I expect also, there no powertrain 'upgrades'....and very few other add-ons that make any difference. I tightened and loctited the CF assembly, I don't think now fold :). I did an inside hover test between factory & these things. CF sounded about same volume, lower pitch. I did it internally, in a recording room. Mic recorded a lot of wind noise, and obstacle alarms. Will post, when possible. Will use a shotgun mic, greater distance from the source.

Last edited:
That's my experience of them @anzacjack - I've done flight tests comparing 8331 DJI prop's with the same shape equivalent 3rd party C-F prop's. They turn slower because the blade has very little flex. A DJI prop-blade will 'feather' (twist length-wise) into the airflow and therefore will lose some of its pitch angle while it's spinning through the air. The C-F prop just doesn't - and therefore effectively has a greater [active] pitch than the same spec' DJI prop. Result is, that when the Mavic is in the hover, the C-F prop's are moving the same amount of air at a lower rpm - to keep the Mavic sitting in the same spot. I can't remember exactly, but the rpm reading on the RC controller went down by around 60 when C-F prop's were flown.

My observations showed that stability was improved (I observed the Mavic hovering in a slight cross-wind, in front of a garden trellis grid), and the conclusion I came to for that, was due to the motor control inputs being fed directly to the prop's, and not being 'absorbed' by flex in the [standard DJI] prop-blade.

I rather liked flying my Mavic Pro Platinum on C-F 8331 prop's - but switched to Master Airscrew, because they gave the advantages of C-F, without the shorter flight duration.
Ok, interesting

Reactions: Saigondroner
Props to ya' :) I did a few hover tests...sound is different, ascend speed higher. Will post. The Mavic Air was almost 400x louder than either M2 blades....~2 dbA....

Here is a simple test comparing prop noise....the mav2 had a shotgun mic recording, to help reduce wind buffeting noise. 3rd test used an omnidirectional, much closer, so the wind noise is apparent.

1st: M2 Factory Props
2nd: Cool whizz bang CF props Mav2
3rd: factory props on a Mav Air

Here is the best. Only 2 spinners, I guess from any quadrant. What shall I Indulge the effort to spin and optically provide? Happy July 4 might fit.

Guy Faulkes day kinda long. (Thang chet dang toi) will terrify everyone (the grim reaper arrives).

I’m going with ‘May bay chuc sinh Vui ve’. Happy birthday from airplane.

Here is the best. Only 2 spinners, I guess from any quadrant. What shall I Indulge the effort to spin and optically provide? Happy July 4 might fit.

Guy Faulkes day kinda long. (Thang chet dang toi) will terrify everyone (the grim reaper arrives).

I’m going with ‘May bay chuc sinh Vui ve’. Happy birthday from airplane.

e577b8ae1a5e46ed49c2e3109942ff4a.jpg

Safety 1st. GD fun. 4m alt limit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaro