DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Chance night shot

Dear joenonymus

It was a beautiful capture. As always occurs, the sensor reads the bright light of the sky and under-exposes the foreground. In these cases, I like to bring the image into Photoshop to open the foreground with the shadow slider, and use the gradient tool to hold back the brightness of the sky and add some detail, and color. Attached see my suggestion. The first image is the edited version, and the 2nd image is your version.

Dale
MiamiEdited version.jpgUnedited version.jpg

Dear joenonymus

It was a beautiful capture. As always occurs, the sensor reads the bright light of the sky and under-exposes the foreground. In these cases, I like to bring the image into Photoshop to open the foreground with the shadow slider, and use the gradient tool to hold back the brightness of the sky and add some detail, and color. Attached see my suggestion. The first image is the edited version, and the 2nd image is your version.

Dale
MiamiView attachment 122635View attachment 122636
Very nice, I just pulled this off of the card and posted it. The post processing is something the wife and I are trying working on. I appreciate the suggestion. I'll give it a shot. Thanks

Very nice, I just pulled this off of the card and posted it. The post processing is something the wife and I are trying working on. I appreciate the suggestion. I'll give it a shot. Thanks
Sorry to burst the bubble but it will take more than a shot. Editing in Photoshop or Lightroom takes a learning curve, unfortunately. But I just wanted to give you an idea what the potential is for a better shot with software. Using, or turning on the histogram during your flight will help to tell you if you have the dynamic range to open up the shadows. Histogram helps avoid clipping of shadows and highlights.

Dale

Look into your AEB function if you have access to light room.

Dear joenonymus

Dale
MiamiView attachment 122635View attachment 122636
Great edit, Dale.

Look into your AEB function if you have access to light room.
Auto exposure bracketing is a GLOBAL correction (the entire image). I don't think you can correct the foreground alone with AEB except, perhaps with masking in Photoshop.

The Sisters always looking pretty at sunset! Nice shot.
I'm going to spend some time in Black Butte Ranch in Feb., can't wait to get some pics out that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S