DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change your Discharge Days- Mavic 2 series

MedicFL1

Reactions
New Firmware update now allows you to change the Battery dischage Date from its standard 10 days all the way down to 1 day - I set mine at 3 Days.
WHY? Batteries from JULY 2018 and around that date are Swelling / Bloating and in some instances cracking.
DJI will only cover Batteries for 6 months !!
They know of the problem and here is their response:
"
Dear James,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time and effort in bringing this inquiry. We will be happy to help you.

Regarding your concern, upon checking on the information of your three batteries on our system, we found out that they are all out of the warranty period. Base on our After-Sales Policy, we only have a 6 months warranty for battery.

We strongly suggest purchasing and new batteries on our online store or at any local seller near you.

Typical answer and certainly they won’t honor product that’s out of warranty. I have tossed two of my original mp2 batteries because of swelling. I will admit that I may not be the best caregiver on batteries, so I don’t have a problem buying some new ones. Probably had about 50 cycles when they got fat. I view batteries as expendable, so not a big deal for me. If they had a problem under warranty, I would be annoyed.

Thing is, there's a definite trend that batteries produced 7-8/2018 are prone to swelling. Obviously DJI knows there's a manufacturer defect, since after over 4 years across their products, NOW they decide to change the default days to discharge to 5 days when originally 10 days.
Since these batteries are crucial to successful and safe flights, and bad LiPos can catch fire, they should at replace the ones from bad production runs at least when customers make a claim.

Reactions: MedicFL1
Look at the battery details in the Go app. You'll also get it's S/N there.
In the logs you can also get the manufacturer code.

My Three Batteries came with the "Fly More" kit and per the GO4 app have 30 charges (Date of production JULY 2018) and under.
This is something that just happened after one day of normal flying. Meaning GPS mode and simply filming, not racing around.
Normally, I to would be upset but buy new ones BUT This has become a known Safety issue and DJII has responded by creating a New Firmware Update to lower discharge date or time until start of discharge in hopes of solving it.
This means they know there is a problem and are responding to it.
This situation is happening to too many buyers and Customer support's current stance is to simply walk away.
I own many DJI products and have never had this happen with any other product. If one were to assume this would happen to them in under 30 charges, would they buy the product in the first place?
Unless I buy more batteries an $1800.00 UAV purchase is now useless.

They are responding to it, but poorly.
More of a band aid than a fix.
They should offer an extended warranty for those production months.

Update: On Mavic 2 Pro Batteries. DJI Customer Support requested I make a video Showing the condition of the batteries, the SN from the GO4 App , which also shows Date of Production and Times Charged, and sent the video in for Review.
Upon further review by DJI customer support ( claim made to company ) after telling me to buy new ones; DJI is replacing the batteries under their warranty free of charge.
Note: The batteries were over the six month period but the video showed the dangerous situation. They would not Seat properly in the UAV.
Also, there was no damage to any of the cells reported by both the DJI Go4 App or the AirData information system.

I am happy to report that upon further review and understanding of the situation that DJI has chosen to replace these defective batteries.

Reactions: Thomas B
Update: On Mavic 2 Pro Batteries. DJI Customer Support requested I make a video Showing the condition of the batteries, the SN from the GO4 App , which also shows Date of Production and Times Charged, and sent the video in for Review.
Upon further review by DJI customer support ( claim made to company ) after telling me to buy new ones; DJI is replacing the batteries under their warranty free of charge.
Note: The batteries were over the six month period but the video showed the dangerous situation. They would not Seat properly in the UAV.
Also, there was no damage to any of the cells reported by both the DJI Go4 App or the AirData information system.

I am happy to report that upon further review and understanding of the situation that DJI has chosen to replace these defective batteries.
Good work. Reassuring that DJI made the correct decision.

Reactions: MedicFL1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54