DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changed all my 3 batteries to “2 days”

I thought most RC batteries were lipo, not li-ion.
Here is DJI-Tony's less than helpful answer:

"Hi, thanks for the interest, unfortunately, we don't have that information as we're not recommending opening the DJI product because this process will void the warranty of your RC. Thank you for understanding." ?

I had thought they were different battery types than the drone batteries, but I am happy to be persuaded otherwise. I always top off my RC's immediately after use to 100% and have never had an issue. I may want to fly four back to back flights, so I need the full 100% on the RC every time I leave the house. If they are LiPo's, too, why not put the same auto discharge feature into them?

Another gem from DJI-Tony on the DJI Forum:

"Hi, thanks for the inquiry, it's not necessary to discharge the RC of your aircraft and if you're not going to use it for a long period of time, I would recommend charging the RC 1-2 times weeks. Thank you for the support."

OK, I misinterpreted what you meant by RC. You meant the remote control for the DJI quads. I somehow switched to generic "Radio Controlled", like cars, planes and quads.

I would suspect the DJI RCs use LiPos, even for the Mini. But as I mentioned, the current demand on those batteries is a lot less than the AC. They probably aren't as densely packed as the intelligent batteries so even if they swelled a bit, we probably wouldn't notice.

OK, I misinterpreted what you meant by RC. You meant the remote control for the DJI quads. I somehow switched to generic "Radio Controlled", like cars, planes and quads.

I would suspect the DJI RCs use LiPos, even for the Mini. But as I mentioned, the current demand on those batteries is a lot less than the AC. They probably aren't as densely packed as the intelligent batteries so even if they swelled a bit, we probably wouldn't notice.
Good point, as the minor swelling inside the control can't cause a disconnect, and crash, like with the AC batteries! They seem to still work appropriately power-wise, even with the swelling. It's popping loose during flight that would be fatal to the aircraft.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy