DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changed My Mind

BruceBotti

Reactions
After a lot of research and what I thought was careful consideration, I purchased the Mini 1 FMC from Amazon on Prime Day for $399. It was my first drone and I was impressed with the technology and capabilities of the Mini 1.

Unfortunately, after watching way too many Mini 2 YouTube videos, I was having second thoughts. I had heard the speculation about the Mini 2, but didn’t realize that nearly all the the rumored improvements were true. The Mini 1 is a great drone, but the 4k, Occusync 2.0, extended range, etc, pushed me over the edge. I initiated a return with Amazon on Nov 9. They sent me a return label and I brought the Mini 1 to UPS on November 10 at 9:00 AM. By the time I got home at 10:00 AM, I received a notification that my refund was processed. I got online and ordered the Mini 2, which arrived the next day. Sometimes I complain about Amazon, but not this time.

I just love the Mini 2, despite the upcharge. If I didn’t get it I would be kicking myself in the butt forever.
Bruce

I am a fan of Amazon as well, and would’ve made the exact same decision. The $50 price increase is well worth it, in my opinion, because of the upgraded features.

Truly the MM1 is a great drone but the DJI Mini 2 is a better drone. It just flies like a large drone and the camera performance is excellent.

I just love the Mini 2, despite the upcharge. If I didn’t get it I would be kicking myself in the butt forever.
Bruce
Not really a upcharge your buying a upgraded model and $50 is chump change for what you are getting.
For reference the Phantom 3 Pro was $1543 dollars had a 4K camera, The Phantom 3 Advance was the exact same aircraft and had a 2.7K camera $1197, so you can see you went from Wifi to OcuSync, better propultion system, better camera, better remote and instead of $346 for a camera update you paid $50...you gotta put things in prospective. ;) No Butt kicking required that's a no brainer in my book.

p.s. I still have my P3P and I love that thing to death to this day :)

After a lot of research and what I thought was careful consideration, I purchased the Mini 1 FMC from Amazon on Prime Day for $399. It was my first drone and I was impressed with the technology and capabilities of the Mini 1.

Unfortunately, after watching way too many Mini 2 YouTube videos, I was having second thoughts. I had heard the speculation about the Mini 2, but didn’t realize that nearly all the the rumored improvements were true. The Mini 1 is a great drone, but the 4k, Occusync 2.0, extended range, etc, pushed me over the edge. I initiated a return with Amazon on Nov 9. They sent me a return label and I brought the Mini 1 to UPS on November 10 at 9:00 AM. By the time I got home at 10:00 AM, I received a notification that my refund was processed. I got online and ordered the Mini 2, which arrived the next day. Sometimes I complain about Amazon, but not this time.

Bruce

Never had a problem with amazon. NEVER......

Actually going from MM1 FMC to MM2 FMC would be a $200 bump in OP's case. The retail difference for the FMC packages is $100, and he was able to get the MM1 FMC for $100 less than retail.

I (well my dad) paid $800 for a P3A with 2 extra batteries and quick release prop guard plus a few other extras back in Nov 2016. That was just before the P3A/P were discontinued. I still have it and fly it once in a while.

Reactions: monteolsen1
I stand corrected on the pricing. When I read the post initially I missed the FMC part of it. @DanMan32 is correct.

Bruce
You won’t have to lose it in the wind either LOL

Actually going from MM1 FMC to MM2 FMC would be a $200 bump in OP's case. The retail difference for the FMC packages is $100, and he was able to get the MM1 FMC for $100 less than retail.

I (well my dad) paid $800 for a P3A with 2 extra batteries and quick release prop guard plus a few other extras back in Nov 2016. That was just before the P3A/P were discontinued. I still have it and fly it once in a while.
Yeah I see now the Mini one FMC was basically price of MM1 alone, but he didn't buy or state that he got a Mini 2 FMC so all I said I stand with. He Got a deal on a MM1 combo and the price difference to a Mini 2 is still a Deal in the whole scheme of things....and I have never had a issue with Amazon.. I have ordered two huge deep freezers on Amazon (Prime) both came some what dented and the first I was given 50% off and the second they said just keep it...no charge, both work perfectly for 4 years now. Shipping alone on one for two day shipping paid my Prime membership for years...I Love Amazon!! Anyway back to the normal discussion. and the marvelous Mini 2. :)

Oh I gotta know was that P3A new???

Yes the P3A was new, not yet activated. Bought it from Koozam. Also came with a carry vest that was useless for me.
I wish the hub wasn't so expensive back then. I've been spoiled with the hubs in the flymores of my Mavics that I don't have to swap batteries during charging.

I assumed OP would have gotten the MM2 FMC since that's what he did for the MM1, but since the MM1 FMC was same price as MM1 alone, he may have opted for the MM2 alone.

I've been buying with Amazon since about the days they started, I have a hard time NOT using Amazon. I *do* price shop, but on things like this, when you might need a return, it justifies it.
And, on the Mini 2 - I've never even seen a Mini 1, but got my Mini 2 last weekend. I got the fly more kit, and I've charged/used all 3 twice. LOVE this little thing. I miss a couple of the things my M2Z will do, but this thing is going with me to Key West in a week or so for some vacation vid/pics!

I've been buying with Amazon since about the days they started, I have a hard time NOT using Amazon. I *do* price shop, but on things like this, when you might need a return, it justifies it.
And, on the Mini 2 - I've never even seen a Mini 1, but got my Mini 2 last weekend. I got the fly more kit, and I've charged/used all 3 twice. LOVE this little thing. I miss a couple of the things my M2Z will do, but this thing is going with me to Key West in a week or so for some vacation vid/pics!
Not for ruin your plans but double check this thread. Is my understanding you will need a Part 107 waiver permit and you will be limited to fly under 150Ft because the proximity to the airport. If you are not Part 107 pilot also is my understanding you can not ask per permit.

screen-shot-2019-05-12-at-9-47-12-am-png.72201

screen-shot-2019-05-12-at-10-33-06-am-png.72207

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks! My plan for my Mini 2 was really out on the boat away from civilization, maybe that is all it'll be. Probably some dumbazzes annoying people have the Police cracking down.... going to look at the thread you suggested now, thanks again!

I had MM1 for an year now and it is working fine... flew it not far than 500m with 60m height... no plans for MM2 as already had M2P... But no doubt that MM2 is a great choice now and no other drone matches it in specs in this cost. Happy Flying ?....

Not for ruin your plans but double check this thread. Is my understanding you will need a Part 107 waiver permit and you will be limited to fly under 150Ft because the proximity to the airport. If you are not Part 107 pilot also is my understanding you can not ask per permit.

screen-shot-2019-05-12-at-9-47-12-am-png.72201

screen-shot-2019-05-12-at-10-33-06-am-png.72207
Indeed facilities map shows zero altitude allowed for most of the controlled airspace though some outlying areas are 400ft. I wonder why so strict.

Edit: Naval Air station with runways in 3 directions.

Congratulations !!
The Mini 2 is a great little bird that flies like an eagle.
It's more fun every time I fly it.
Enjoy. and fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000