DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changing the props

bburnett15

Reactions
I have been experiencing occasional vibration in my mini 3, so i am looking to change the props. The only problem is i cannot unscrew the screws attaxhing the existing props. Any recommendations as to how to get tgese off without stripping the heads?

Possibly some heat from a good hair dryer. The other issue could be the tool being used. It the screwdriver doesn’t fit exactly the pocket it goes into, that will be a problem. If needed, go to a hardware store and get the right tool.
Good luck!
This issue is one of several reasons I don’t own anything that says”mini”.

Reactions: Cafguy
I had a similar problem with the Mini 3 Pro. Old screws and props came off ok. New screws went in but would not tighten down, nor would they come back out. It was a “stuck” not stripped condition. I notified DJI, sent the drone to them, and they sent me a new Mini 3 Pro free of charge—it was still under warranty.

Thanks for the info! Finally out of frustration (and with good lighting) i got them all off and replaced with new. Definitely making me re-think the whole mini route. Thanks again!

I had to send a Mini 3 Pro in for that same reason. They don’t even bother repairing that simple thing. They sent me a new drone.

If the props are regarded scrap I would tape of the motors, so that no 'saw dust' can drop into the motors, then file away or saw away the plastic of the blade's hub to expose the screw's head/s. Grip the screw head with pliers and twist it, to 'break' the stiction, then use the normal screw driver to undo the lossened screw/s.

Reactions: bburnett15
If the props are regarded scrap I would tape of the motors, so that no 'saw dust' can drop into the motors, then file away or saw away the plastic of the blade's hub to expose the screw's head/s. Grip the screw head with pliers and twist it, to 'break' the stiction, then use the normal screw driver to undo the lossened screw/s.
Great idea! Honestly i didnt think there was anything wrong with the props but i had to try if for no other reason than to rule it out. So far it seems that it might've cured the shimmying issue. So far so good.

Reactions: Joe Horn
Great idea! Honestly i didnt think there was anything wrong with the props but i had to try if for no other reason than to rule it out. So far it seems that it might've cured the shimmying issue. So far so good.
The BEST advice is a properly fitting screwdriver. It is amazing the difference it makes.

Reactions: Joe Horn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne