DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chargers

dirtfishingman

Reactions
Guys I got the standard kit and have the standard charger. The on that plugs in the battery. I got 2 more batteries. Lol they were free from a friend where he lost his drone.

So my ? Is the dji charger pad that charges the batteries does it charge them 1 at a time or all?

Is there a aftermarket one that does them all together?

The DJI charging hub checks the condition of the attached batteries and charges the least discharged one first. Once providing a single battery at full charge it moves to the next least discharged, etc. Thus getting you a fully charged battery faster than if it charged all three simultaneously.

I understand that there are third party chargers that may charge multiple batteries simultaneously but I don’t know anything about them.

I have two DJI AC chargers and two DJI DC chargers along with two charging hubs. If I need to get multiple batteries to full charge quickly I use two DJI chargers with or without the hubs.

Howard

Reactions: dawgpilot
In order to be able to charge multiple batteries simultaneously, you'd need the same multiple of power from the charger. A hub alone can't increase the power capability of the charger, it can only control where the power gets diverted.

So if the battery draws 70W during charging, you need a 210W charger to charge three batteries at the same time. This is why there's a limit on how many batteries a car charger can charge simultaneously. Car power outlets generally are limited to about 120W.

I think there are some other threads here that might address that particular charger and provide some experienced evaluations by MA2 owners.

Looking at the output of that charger - it's flight battery charging circuit puts out 8 amps at 13.2 volts (105 watts) whereas my DJI AC charger puts out 2.82 amps at 13.2 volts (37.2 watts) on the flight battery charging circuit. Note that the output of the DJI charger's flight battery circuit drops if you're simultaneously using the usb charging output. I'm not sure about the third party charger. So the third party charger has 2.8x the flight battery charging output of the DJI charger. Thus it ought to charge nearly three flight batteries in the time it takes the DJI to charge one.

I don't have good technical knowledge about DJI batteries, but they seem quite sophisticated to me, From my experience with battery systems in sailboats and expedition trucks, I know that lithium batteries are reputed to very picky about their charge characteristics at various temperatures, discharge levels, etc. Personally, I'll stick with DJI chargers based on my naive assumption that DJI has a vested interest in charging their batteries in the most optimal manner possible. Of course that could be completely wrong!

Howard

I have the following:

Amazon

it can charge four batteries with 2A output each, plus the controller.
I’ve used it a number of times and it has worked well. It takes about an hour for the typical state batteries are stored at, about 100 minutes for fully discharged batteries. Using the DJI charger didn’t work well for me; I never planned that far in advance. :)

I have the following:

Amazon

I’ve used it a number of times and it has worked well. It takes about an hour for the typical state batteries are stored at, about 100 minutes for fully discharged batteries. Using the DJI charger didn’t work well for me; I never planned that far in advance. :)
I was looking that one too

Reactions: Thomas B
I have the Hanatora.... used it exclusively on all my batteries works car and home. Great device. 4 batteries and controller charge from 10-20% to full charge in around 90 to 100 minutes. No problems in thousands of flights

I use the Hanatora to bring depleted batteries up to storage voltage. Works great...

The thing is third-party chargers, which I use, actually just apply a voltage to the pins.

The chip inside the battery controls the charge.

So any charger they can apply the proper voltage and supply the proper current cleanly works just as well as the next.

On the other hand the DJI charger can talk to the battery and I’ve noticed can top off Batteries.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I have the following:

Amazon

I have the same charger and am very happy with it.

Reactions: Inspirephil
My comment is pretty simple. If you use off brand accessories then be prepared to have your warranty on batteries or any other part of your drones warranty voided. I’m not saying it will, I’m just say that decision is with DJI.

My comment is pretty simple. If you use off brand accessories then be prepared to have your warranty on batteries or any other part of your drones warranty voided. I’m not saying it will, I’m just say that decision is with DJI.

Incorrect we all use the charger that’s inside the battery as I tried to state I guess you missed it third-party charges just apply voltage the battery does the charging.

What’s more there’s no way for DJI to know any different.

Reactions: G Randy Brown
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll