DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging brick issues

angelosssss

Reactions
Good day people,

I bought a mavic air 2 about a month ago and i've been enjoying the considerable upgrade from the mavic mini. Everything works perfectly fine so far besides sometimes when i use neewer nd filters more than nd64 i get a warning of the front camera sensor being blocked.

The actual issue that i've been dealing with is that whenever i hook all 3 batteries on the charging brick that came with the fly more combo, one battery always doesnt charge. It looks like it's connected to the brick, it charges 2 out of 3 and the 3rd one does not charge. If i take the 2 charged batteries off the brick and leave the 3rd one on, it charges normally. I tried that with all the batteries so it's not a battery issue, it looks like the brick cant support 3 batteries connected to it at the same time.

Anybody dealt with something similar? it's not a major issue but i'd like to solve it if possible.

Thanks for your help and keep flying ! :cool:

Good day people,

I bought a mavic air 2 about a month ago and i've been enjoying the considerable upgrade from the mavic mini. Everything works perfectly fine so far besides sometimes when i use neewer nd filters more than nd64 i get a warning of the front camera sensor being blocked.

The actual issue that i've been dealing with is that whenever i hook all 3 batteries on the charging brick that came with the fly more combo, one battery always doesnt charge. It looks like it's connected to the brick, it charges 2 out of 3 and the 3rd one does not charge. If i take the 2 charged batteries off the brick and leave the 3rd one on, it charges normally. I tried that with all the batteries so it's not a battery issue, it looks like the brick cant support 3 batteries connected to it at the same time.

Anybody dealt with something similar? it's not a major issue but i'd like to solve it if possible.

Okay, just saying this to correct you for future reference so you get your terms right. The part that charges a battery (plugs into a wall & one battery) is a "Charging Brick". The part you are seemingly referring to is a "Charging Hub" that the charging brick connector plugs into. So now that we got terms figured out :p

If I understand you correctly, Your saying that one of the ports on the charging hub will not auto charge in sequence after when it's battery is due? It does this no matter what battery you place there. It also doesn't matter if that battery you place there should be the first to charge? You Also said that once the two charged batteries are removed the third one charges.

That all being correct, Your hub is bad. Normally the hub should charge highest charged battery first, then second highest battery...ect. Yours seems to be dismissing charge on third port for some reason...I would call whoever (DJI?) you got it from and tell them the issue to get it replaced. :)

I would give it a quick view at it's connection point and verify none of the connector pins have any debris blocking connection/bent and such, other than that it is a warranty issue. ;) A final check is to swap locations of all three batteries (If you haven't done so) That being let's say that port 3 is suspected bad, Take the battery from port 1 and port 3 and swap them, if port 1 now charges that confirms that port 3 is indeed bad.

Last edited:
Okay, just saying this to correct you for future reference so you get your terms right. The part that charges a battery (plugs into a wall & one battery) is a "Charging Brick". The part you are seemingly referring to is a "Charging Hub". So now that we got terms figured out :p

If I understand you correctly, Your saying that one of the ports on the charging hub will not auto charge in sequence after when it's battery is due? It does this no matter what battery you place there. It also doesn't matter if that battery you place there should be the first to charge? You Also said that once the two charged batteries are removed the third one charges.

That all being correct, Your hub is bad. Normally the hub should charge highest charged battery first, then second highest battery...ect. Yours seems to be dismissing charge on third port for some reason...I would call whoever (DJI?) you got it from and tell them the issue to get it replaced. :)

I would give it a quick view at it's connection point and verify none of the connector pins have any debris blocking connection/bent and such, other than that it is a warranty issue. ;)

[If I understand you correctly, Your saying that one of the ports on the charging hub will not auto charge in sequence after when it's battery is due? It does this no matter what battery you place there. It also doesn't matter if that battery you place there should be the first to charge? You Also said that once the two charged batteries are removed the third one charges]

It actually charges the battery if it's the first to be charged due to low lvl of charge but it always seem to ignore "a" 3rd battery no matter in which charging spot i hook it on. When i hook the battery on the port, the 4 leds light up to acknowledge the connection but then after that one of the 3 batteries is not charged and the led on the charging hub blinks red.

[ Okay, just saying this to correct you for future reference so you get your terms right. The part that charges a battery (plugs into a wall & one battery) is a "Charging Brick". The part you are seemingly referring to is a "Charging Hub". So now that we got terms figured out :p ]

ops yes i meant the charging door stopper. kidding :p thank you for the clarification

[ That all being correct, Your hub is bad. Normally the hub should charge highest charged battery first, then second highest battery...ect. Yours seems to be dismissing charge on third port for some reason...I would call whoever (DJI?) you got it from and tell them the issue to get it replaced. :) ]

Actually it's not the port. it seems to be dismissing the 3rd battery at all for some reason. I'll shoot an email to dji since i bought the combo directly from their website

Actually it's not the port. it seems to be dismissing the 3rd battery at all for some reason. I'll shoot an email to dji since i bought the combo directly from their website

Yeah it has a error inside then on charging circuitry, DJI needs to swap you out with a new one.

Good day people,

I have had odd issues with the charging hub as well. I have had the condition you describe where one battery doesn't charge, and I have had situations where I place one batt on and it begins charging, and when I put either the second or third on, it totally stops charging any of them. I seem to have figured out that it has to do with the auto discharge function and the batt being warm. Instead of just not charging that one, the hub stops all charging until the batt in question is removed. It also seems that placing the batt on the hub stops the auto discharge regardless of it not being the #1 to charge, and once removed and cooled, it causes no issues and charges, so no, you are not alone with hub issues. My M2P batt hub has none of these issues, but perhaps that is because it does not have that pesky 24 hour discharge to 96%.

I sent an email to dji support and they want me to send the hub in for service whilst I won't have any way to charge the batteries till I get it back. So for now I'm keeping it as is since it charges at least 2 of them.

Are you sure that's a good idea? Now that it's on record, if you have a battery problem they will say it is because of a faulty hub. Just a thought. You could just use the regular charger in the mean time.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I sent an email to dji support and they want me to send the hub in for service whilst I won't have any way to charge the batteries till I get it back. So for now I'm keeping it as is since it charges at least 2 of them.

You can just plug the charger directly into 1 battery at a time. (the cable that attaches to the hub will plug directly into a battery)

Reactions: angelosssss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61