DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Hub Issue

mikefire1969

Reactions
I bought the Pro Platinum Combo and have a question about the charging hub. After taking everything out of the box and reading all the small manuals, I was wanting to prepare for my first flight. When I tried using the charging hub, the light on the hub was a constant red. Looked in the manual and it said this indicated it was an error or hooked up wrong. Went where everyone goes when you need answers (Youtube) and couldn't find anything about this on any feeds. I know it might be a firmware issue but don't know how or where to go to update this. I am enjoying my drone and been charging with just the single charger but if I don't have to change batteries, why not try fixing the issue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Your package is new or used?
Charge hub looks like this? This one is the advanced model, but both DJI hubs look the same. Also, what and where are you plugging into the hub?7646DE9D-DBC1-4656-A6E7-09BA06B378EC.jpeg291E8438-A890-4A75-AE1E-3EEAA658787B.jpeg

Last edited:
It was new. That is exactly what my hub looks like. I used the single battery charging cord and plugged it in just like the directions told me. Solid red light

Light should be more of an orange color when plugged in. Turns green when a battery is attached. If there is any kind of a firmware issue, I’ve never heard of that being something that gets updated.
Also found this on the tube. May be the reason I’ve not ever seen anything about updating a hub.(skip to 7 minute mark)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I bought the Pro Platinum Combo and have a question about the charging hub. After taking everything out of the box and reading all the small manuals, I was wanting to prepare for my first flight. When I tried using the charging hub, the light on the hub was a constant red. Looked in the manual and it said this indicated it was an error or hooked up wrong. Went where everyone goes when you need answers (Youtube) and couldn't find anything about this on any feeds. I know it might be a firmware issue but don't know how or where to go to update this. I am enjoying my drone and been charging with just the single charger but if I don't have to change batteries, why not try fixing the issue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
First......go to the DJI webpage and download the real manual.

Reactions: Thomas B
I did download and print the manuals from the site. I also went to the firmware webpage but there is nothing for this hub. I know what color is suppose to be there and what each color means but the only color mine will show is red. I guess I am going to have to call the service department and see if they will send me a replacement. thanks for all the help everyone.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test01