DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging Hub not working

brandas

Reactions
Hi everyone!
I just bought my Mavic Air Fly More Combo today and the charging Hub doesn't seem to be working... Basically, when I connect the batteries to it nothing happens: no lights on the batteries nor on the hub.
If I connect the battery directly to the charger, i.e. one at a time with no hub, it charges normally...
Also, if I connect the hub to my laptop using the USB cable, Assistant 2 doesn't recognise it and the LED turns on steady red...
Is there a problem with the hub or am I missing something?!
Thanks in advance!

Maybe try not using your laptop to plug into and use a charging block .
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

An obvious question ... When you press the 'test' button on the batteries (when they are not connected to the charger!), do any of the four LED's light up green???

Hi dirk!
Thanks for the welcome! I'm really excited about my new baby ;)
I'm not sure I understood your suggestion... I wasn't trying to charge the batteries from my laptop. I connected the hub to the power adapter, which was connected to the wall socket. Basically I did what's on the video. However, on the video you can see that the hub's LED turn on yellow when you connect it to power. Mine doesn't... It simply remains off and when I connect the batteries to it the don't charge.
Do you have the charging hub? If you connect it to your laptop via USB does Assistant 2 recognise it?

Reactions: dirkclod
An obvious question ... When you press the 'test' button on the batteries (when they are not connected to the charger!), do any of the four LED's light up green???
Hi Fox.
When I first unboxed the drone they didn't but I think it was because they need to be fully charged the first time to activate then. I then charged them all (had to do it once at a time because the hub isn't working) and now the LEDs turn up green when I press the button. I think the batteries are fine. I just bought the drone today and I could only use one but it worked normal.
When you connect the hub to the computer via USB does Assistant 2 recognise it?
Cheers

Hi dirk!
Thanks for the welcome! I'm really excited about my new baby ;)
I'm not sure I understood your suggestion... I wasn't trying to charge the batteries from my laptop. I connected the hub to the power adapter, which was connected to the wall socket. Basically I did what's on the video. However, on the video you can see that the hub's LED turn on yellow when you connect it to power. Mine doesn't... It simply remains off and when I connect the batteries to it the don't charge.
Do you have the charging hub? If you connect it to your laptop via USB does Assistant 2 recognise it?
Yes I jumped with my post as I have a MP and M2P not a Air and why I posted the video . I just looked at my hub which does look different but when it is plugged in the light is on even with no batteries are in it .
So my post was bad ,sorry bout that . As far as hooking it up to the assistant I have never done that .
I'm sure someone with a Air will chime in and help you .Good luck .

Hi Fox.
When I first unboxed the drone they didn't but I think it was because they need to be fully charged the first time to activate then. I then charged them all (had to do it once at a time because the hub isn't working) and now the LEDs turn up green when I press the button. I think the batteries are fine. I just bought the drone today and I could only use one but it worked normal.
When you connect the hub to the computer via USB does Assistant 2 recognise it?
Cheers
I was wondering if it was something easy like the batteries might already be charged??? If you press the test button and you are getting 4 green LED's, then the battery will not charge any more of course.
I'm a Mavic Pro pilot myself, but I believe that the charging hub's are firmware upgrade-able, but it's usually done by DJI posting a software update. I don't believe that the Assistant 2 will actually recognise your charging hub and show firmware levels.
Bottom line is that if you can charge single batteries, but you can't charge them through the hub - then you have a hardware fault and need to have a chat to the place you purchased from to get a warranty replacement ... If that's a problem for some reason, you can purchase the charger hub on its own ...e.g. DJI Mavic Air Battery Charging Hub - Heliguy

Yes I jumped with my post as I have a MP and M2P not a Air and why I posted the video . I just looked at my hub which does look different but when it is plugged in the light is on even with no batteries are in it .
So my post was bad ,sorry bout that . As far as hooking it up to the assistant I have never done that .
I'm sure someone with a Air will chime in and help you .Good luck .
All good. Thanks anyway ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
I was wondering if it was something easy like the batteries might already be charged??? If you press the test button and you are getting 4 green LED's, then the battery will not charge any more of course.
I'm a Mavic Pro pilot myself, but I believe that the charging hub's are firmware upgrade-able, but it's usually done by DJI posting a software update. I don't believe that the Assistant 2 will actually recognise your charging hub and show firmware levels.
Bottom line is that if you can charge single batteries, but you can't charge them through the hub - then you have a hardware fault and need to have a chat to the place you purchased from to get a warranty replacement ... If that's a problem for some reason, you can purchase the charger hub on its own ...e.g. DJI Mavic Air Battery Charging Hub - Heliguy
That's right. The hub's are upgradeable. That's why I thought that even being up to date, Assistant would recognise it just like it does with the RC and the drone, but maybe not... At any rate, I'm pretty sure my hub is faulty and tomorrow I'm going to the shop.
Thanks for your help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotszamana