Using it for the first time.
All 3 batteries flat
All 3 on the hub
Only one seems to be charging as in only 1 flashing

Any thoughts

Cheers Mel
its fine it only charges one at a time

Reactions: old man mavic
The hub only charges one at a time which sucks. Amazon has a multi charger that will charge all 3 batteries, your remote and a phone all at the same time. Something like $50 I think.

Reactions: old man mavic
The hub only charges one at a time which sucks. Amazon has a multi charger that will charge all 3 batteries, your remote and a phone all at the same time. Something like $50 I think.
Got a link please

Think about this...which method will get you back flying again???

I see the wisdom of the DJI approach...charge the battery in a sequence of fastest to most needy.

Think about this...which method will get you back flying again???

I see the wisdom of the DJI approach...charge the battery in a sequence of fastest to most needy.
Doesn't help if you want to go out for the day thou, one in the drone and the rest at home charging

Reactions: Mel 08
Doesn't help if you want to go out for the day thou, one in the drone and the rest at home charging
Somewhere I have device that plugs into fag lighter and has a 3 pin plug on the other end with some box of tricks in the middle
Don't no why I have it or why I bought it.
Will this do to charge them in the car?
That's as much tech talk I do........

Cheers Mel

Sounds like you have a power inverter.
Yes it should work in the car but its probably bet to keep the engine running so you don’t end up with a flat car battery.
You can buy a dedicated DJI car charger if you are in any doubt.

Reactions: Mel 08
Sounds like you have a power inverter.
Yes it should work in the car but its probably bet to keep the engine running so you don’t end up with a flat car battery.
You can buy a dedicated DJI car charger if you are in any doubt.
I thought there was no such thing as a dji car charger.
Will have a look
Thanks for that

DJI's MA2 charger puts out 13.2V 2.82A, and the Amazon charging hub puts out 13.2V 8A if one battery is connected, and 13.2V 2A for each branch if 4 batteries are connected. So I'm guessing with 3 batteries connected it would put out 13.2V 2.67A for each branch. I don't see anything issues with these specs for the Amazon charger (except charging at 8A) vs DJI's charger. However, I don't really know how well it would control the different charge rates when all 3 or 4 batteries are at different charge states (43% charged, 35% charged, 56% charged, etc., etc.).

Same experience here, it's charging in sequence, not in order of need / existing charge. Charged on slot 3 then 2 then 1 (assuming 1 is next to connector).
unless the MA2 charging hub is different to all the other DJI hubs ,then the normal charging sequence when all 3 batts are in the hub and it is then turned on, it will sequence through the batteries and charge the one with most charge left first, then the next one, and so on this has been true even for the phantom 4 port hub i had for my PH3

Reactions: JustAGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying