DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging mini 4 pro

werner66

Reactions
Hello, I bought a DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly Combo a week ago, of course I also had to buy an additional charger and the salesman in the store gave me the DJI 65W portable Charger. In the meantime, of course, immediately charge all the batteries and the RC2 controller and start flying, then charge everything again. Now I read in the manual of the DJI 65W charger that it is not compatible with the DJI mini 4pro and that I should actually use the 30W charger. Now my question is whether it is harmful that I used the 65W charger, especially for new batteries for the first time and to charge the RC2 controller for the first time, and that I damaged something. Please provide a little explanation.

Hello, I bought a DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly Combo a week ago, of course I also had to buy an additional charger and the salesman in the store gave me the DJI 65W portable Charger. In the meantime, of course, immediately charge all the batteries and the RC2 controller and start flying, then charge everything again. Now I read in the manual of the DJI 65W charger that it is not compatible with the DJI mini 4pro and that I should actually use the 30W charger. Now my question is whether it is harmful that I used the 65W charger, especially for new batteries for the first time and to charge the RC2 controller for the first time, and that I damaged something. Please provide a little explanation.
No worries. The batteries and controller determine the wattage allowed, not the charger.

I did a test of various chargers and had no issues with a Lenovo laptop charger rated at 65w the charger bank took around 8v at 2.45A and took 2hrs 8 min to charge all 3 from 20%

I use the 65w charger often when I need to get a battery (or 2) charged fairly quickly, have had no problems. If I have plenty of time though I use a slower charger.

...Please provide a little explanation.
What you call a portable "charger" is actually nothing more than a power supply that in your case can provide max 65W.
The actual charger is built into the battery itself & will require the needed wattage from the power supply.

So if you have a 65W power supply & a battery that doesn't want more than 30W nothing bad will happen besides that you have bought a more expensive power supply than necessary.

The opposite will also apply... a power supply with a max wattage below what the battery want's. In this case the power supply will be fully utilized but the battery will be charged with a lower wattage than it actually can take & want. This "slow charge" is actually better for a Lithium battery but the charge cycle will take longer time.

Reactions: AeroJ
Check this out.

Try a different cable. The one you're using may be damaged or incapable of handling higher currents.

^^^THIS!!!!

Power Delivery is an active protocol where the source and sink negotiate a power plan before any electrons flow into the batteries. This occurs using the data lines in the cable.

If a cable is charge-only (no data lines, hence less copper, cheaper), or damaged or cheaply manufactured so that it's marginal enough that the power plan can't be negotiated, the entire system falls back to 5V/2A, or 10W, and an agonizingly long wait to charge.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections