DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging new RC Pro Controller

It works great. I have a 45 watt charger for my Chromebook that doesn't cut it.
No, it doesn't, at least not for me. I turned on my RC Pro, it was 95%. Plugged in the OEM charger, i.e. QC24-US as you said, and watched it slowly go down to 90% just sitting there. It was showing slow charge indications the whole time. Plugged in my new charger, immediately got fast charge indications, and watched it go from 90% to 100% in less than 11 minutes. Problem solved.

Amoner USB C Charger, 65W PD Mini Fast Charger Block GaN Compact Foldable Plug

No, it doesn't, at least not for me. I turned on my RC Pro, it was 95%. Plugged in the OEM charger, i.e. QC24-US as you said, and watched it slowly go down to 90% just sitting there. It was showing slow charge indications the whole time. Plugged in my new charger, immediately got fast charge indications, and watched it go from 90% to 100% in less than 11 minutes. Problem solved.

Amoner USB C Charger, 65W PD Mini Fast Charger Block GaN Compact Foldable Plug
Yeah, mine does. Works perfectly. From 25% to full in about an hour.

Does anyone know if you can charge the RC Pro controller whilst out in the field flying (with a power bank)?

I've been curious about charging in the field. So I did some additional testing.
My first test was with a 5V/3A (Max) battery bank with a USB A to USB C cable:

I flew for about 25 minutes. My RC PRO battery did not charge, but it stayed the same for most of the flight, then eventually dropped 1% toward the end. So the battery bank didn't charge the RC PRO, but it did keep it from dropping a lot.

My next test was using an Anker USB-C - USB-C cable and this USB-C charger: https://www.amazon.com/INFINITECK-Pandora-Wireless-Portable-Charging/dp/B082NBS49J The specs show it outputs the following: 5V/2.4A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A.

I wasn't actively flying at the time since it was already dark, but I did have my A2S powered up and connected to the RC PRO. While powered up and connected, the bank powered the RC-PRO and increased the battery capacity. At 20:40 it showed 21% and charging. 9 minutes later, at 20:49 it was up to 25% (note: Edited out typo that said 21%) and showed 2 hours, 48 minutes until fully charged. (I don't think the battery bank had the capacity to fully charge the RC-PRO, but a larger bank would have been able to. The A2S was only a few feet from the RC-PRO so maybe the power usage wasn't as high as it would be while actually flying, but the video feed was on.

So by my informal tests, the RC-PRO is able to be charged while flying. I see that the OP of the post I'm replying to hasn't been here since Feb, but I thought I'd post this anyway in case the question comes up again.

Last edited:
I've been curious about charging in the field. So I did some additional testing.
My first test was with a 5V/3A (Max) battery bank with a USB A to USB C cable:

I flew for about 25 minutes. My RC PRO battery did not charge, but it stayed the same for most of the flight, then eventually dropped 1% toward the end. So the battery bank didn't charge the RC PRO, but it did keep it from dropping a lot.

My next test was using an Anker USB-C - USB-C cable and this USB-C charger: https://www.amazon.com/INFINITECK-Pandora-Wireless-Portable-Charging/dp/B082NBS49J The specs show it outputs the following: 5V/2.4A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A.

I wasn't actively flying at the time since it was already dark, but I did have my A2S powered up and connected to the RC PRO. While powered up and connected, the bank powered the RC-PRO and increased the battery capacity. At 20:40 it showed 21% and charging. 9 minutes later, at 20:49 it was up to 21% and showed 2 hours, 48 minutes until fully charged. (I don't think the battery bank had the capacity to fully charge the RC-PRO, but a larger bank would have been able to. The A2S was only a few feet from the RC-PRO so maybe the power usage wasn't as high as it would be while actually flying, but the video feed was on.

So by my informal tests, the RC-PRO is able to be charged while flying. I see that the OP of the post I'm replying to hasn't been here since Feb, but I thought I'd post this anyway in case the question comes up again.
Nothing in your post indicates any increase in the charge state.

Nothing in your post indicates any increase in the charge state.
Sorry, typo. I'll edit my original post. Charge went from 21% to 25%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220315-203825.png
    Screenshot_20220315-203825.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220315-204948.png
    Screenshot_20220315-204948.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 3
Back to the original topic. I received my RC pro and noticed two things. First, it was between 2 and 3 lights charged and when I went to charge it, it did for a few minutes then all lights went out. Second, there was a mark in the middle of the screen. Looked like dust, but didn’t come off. Because of the mark on then screen,I’m decided to return it and they are sending a new one. Too much money to START with a mark or scratch on the screen. Regarding the charge, I’m assuming people here have all experienced similar. Meaning, once linked with the Mavic it will then fully charge?

I have similar problem. It is with DJI Agras T10 controller. In the box there is 65 W charger and one another . Manual doesn't say which one is for what. Anyways, connected this 65 W charger to Agras Smart Controller, waited for like 30 minutes, and nothing, no LEDs blinking, charger is cold.

So I thought battery is dead but just in case to try I contected my mobile phone 15w charger and in several seconds one LED starts to blink. so I thought maybe this Agras original charger is faulty. But then I used my Mavic 3 charger , this is the same 65 W charger , the same model like this one came with Agras, and again this one didn't work either.

So I am puzzled now, why this is not working with original provided charger while it is working with this 15W charger ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929