DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging new RC Pro Controller

ddodell

Reactions
Surprised no charger supplied with RC Pro ... what is recommendation of what everyone is using.

Plugged in temporarily using charger that came with Mavic 3.

The power level lights are not appearing to show charge level unless I push the power button. I'm used to the lights being active while charging with the original Smart Controller.

Am I missing something here on this new RC Pro?

Surprised no charger supplied with RC Pro ... what is recommendation of what everyone is using.

Plugged in temporarily using charger that came with Mavic 3.

The power level lights are not appearing to show charge level unless I push the power button. I'm used to the lights being active while charging with the original Smart Controller.

Am I missing something here on this new RC Pro?
You can use the same charger that came with the Mavic 3 FMC assuming is the 65W black charger. They should be 4 blinky lights when charging just like the old SC.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
You can use the same charger that came with the Mavic 3 FMC assuming is the 65W black charger. They should be 4 blinky lights when charging just like the old SC.

If I want a second seperate charger, do I need another 65W charger? All I see is 12 or 15V ... so I'm assume if I have a 5V usb charger, then 2.5 or 3 amps should be adequate, or more better?

You do not need a 65W charger. In fact 18W will be sufficient for a fast charging. even your 12v or 15V will work but at slow rate of changing. I am currently using a 45W one for it.

The four LEDs blink in a progressive pattern during charging. If using a low current power supply the LEDs blink relatively slowly. If high current (fast charging) the LEDs blink faster. The number of LEDs blinking show the relative state of charge, i.e. 25/50/75/100%. You should not have to press the power button so that's odd. If the controller is on it will also show the charge status on the main page of the display.

Reactions: zeusfl
The four LEDs blink in a progressive pattern during charging. If using a low current power supply the LEDs blink relatively slowly. If high current (fast charging) the LEDs blink faster. The number of LEDs blinking show the relative state of charge, i.e. 25/50/75/100%. You should not have to press the power button so that's odd. If the controller is on it will also show the charge status on the main page of the display.

Found another thread that answered my issue .. it appears charging doesn't work till you activate and bind the controller to the drone, and at that point it will take the battery out of hibernation and allow normal charging ... which I have working now

That makes sense. The same thing happens to drones sometimes.

Yes I did, but for some reason It wasn't activated... I try everything, until I have a clue. I fixed, I connected the rc pro on my dji assistant 2, downgrade to 1.00.03, factory reset, and re-linked, after that it charged normally until 90% than I upgrade to 1.00.04, and now it's fixed, but I was piss off that I need to discover it my self, DJI Helpdesk didn't help.

Found another thread that answered my issue .. it appears charging doesn't work till you activate and bind the controller to the drone, and at that point it will take the battery out of hibernation and allow normal charging ... which I have working now
Thank you for this. I watched this thing not charge for hours, then checked my chargers and changed to multiple different chargers.

I found with my RC Pro that even following the best of advices it was charging only 70% took the RC and Mavic 3 out flew for half an hour, then on the charger to 100%.needs that bind with the craft, no idea why.

The RC Pro that came with my Air 2S FMC came with a charger, but it's only 24W at 12V (2A). It is only able to charge the RC Pro if it is off. I also discovered that the only cable I have that can get the fast charge indications, is the short DJI USB C that came in the kit. Weird. I have a lot of cables and chargers and they all test fine.

So I ordered a 65W PD GaN charger... I'll update how well it works.

The RC Pro that came with my Air 2S FMC came with a charger, but it's only 24W at 12V (2A). It is only able to charge the RC Pro if it is off. I also discovered that the only cable I have that can get the fast charge indications, is the short DJI USB C that came in the kit. Weird. I have a lot of cables and chargers and they all test fine.

So I ordered a 65W PD GaN charger... I'll update how well it works.
You should order a 100W one to reach 90W something like this one. I purchased the 150W model.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can charge the RC Pro controller whilst out in the field flying (with a power bank)?

Does anyone know if you can charge the RC Pro controller whilst out in the field flying (with a power bank)?
You can only charge while is off.

You can only charge while is off.
Where did this info come from? I am able to charge from a USB power bank while the RC Pro is on. Screen shot attached. Haven't tried while flying though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-193247.png
    Screenshot_20220209-193247.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
Where did this info come from? I am able to charge from a USB power bank while the RC Pro is on. Screen shot attached. Haven't tried while flying though.
My info comes from that little number (83% in your case) going 83%, 82%, 81%, 80%... That's why I ordered a more powerful charger and I'll see if anything changes. Based on what I've seen so far, it probably still won't charge when turned on. Hell, the battery voltage is about 9v already, which is nearly double any cell phone I've seen.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura