DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging the controller in my car

Welcome to the forum @Scott119 A very good forum with knowledgeable people to help out when needed.

I use the standard USB port in my car to charge my controller up, works well for me especially when I’m travelling to my fly destination.

Reactions: Porky
That is quite a rig, Rob!

I guess I've just never been flying in a situation where either the RC or the tablet got anywhere near running low on juice.

Well, I have to confess. I use it for test flying customers drones as well. If anyones controller is low on juice, it gets plugged in to the power bank while I am test flying. Hasnt failed me yet. (knocking wood)

How do you guys charge the controller on the go like in a car when driving. Cheers
Scott, the others have already pointed out a lot of options. The bottom line is that it is a simple USB charging requirement. I always carry some kind of power brick in my car (like this) to augment my cars measly single USB port. It's good for your other devices, such as your phone, and has 3 USB ports with auto-amperage sensing.

You can also get a very simple 12v cig-lighter to USB port adapter for cheap (no need to get the big inverter brick, though that might come in handy for other things as well).

HOWEVER, you might also now be interested in charging your Mavic Batteries (which have heavier requirements than just any ol' USB port), and so you might consider something like this F-Stop dual charger + USB.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000