DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CHASING A RAINBOW'S POT-O-GOLD

360 Guy

Reactions
Well the rain has stopped and now shines a beauty of a rainbow.
Now is the time to launch the MM.
Set up takes about 5 minutes, all set and the rainbow is even brighter............ahhh the colors beautiful.
The app say's "go fly"......and we're up and away........YES.
Now to find that elusive pot of gold by air.
Up at 100 + feet and heading toward the bow's apex.
Plan is to ride inside the colors and down to the pot of gold like a slide, can't miss this way right?
Had to jump to 300 feet and chasing the colors is tricky at best, MM is fly smooth as a whistle.
Now 375-400 feet and the bow is running.
Can't get into the color stream so I plan on shooting down to the termination point of the rainbow to find the pot.
Colors are getting weaker now she's ebbing, not much time now.
Descending rapidly now to 50 feet and there at the very end at the once bright rainbow, I see.................NOTHING!!
(Mod Removed Language) I must have looked at the wrong end of the spectrum, me bad.
There's always tomorrow to chase a dream, let's fly today.

Panz

Last edited by a moderator:
no pictures it didn't happen, seriously whats the point of the story if you don't have pictures?

When I was a kid in Southern California walking home from the school bus stop on the rare occasions it had rained, I'd see these brightly colored swirling spots on the wet pavement -I was convinced they were left over from rainbows touching the earth.

I pointed one out to my dad once and he kindly told me it was an oil spot from somebody's leaky oil pan gasket..... Worse than learning the tooth fairy was a myth!

Howard

Reactions: Chip
no pictures it didn't happen, seriously whats the point of the story if you don't have pictures?
That’s like saying what’s the point of you posting if you didn’t have
anything constructive to post.
He simply had a thought and made a post with it I guess. ?‍🤷‍♂️

I found your pics, LOL;)
Turns out I was on the other side of the rainbow.
Did you by chance fly down to end of rainbow and check if anything was there? Maybe you have to be on other side to see the gold or whatever. ?

Reactions: Rchawks
It may actually be a deep observation on life. No gold at end of rainbow. Fits all kinds of situations if you think about it. Nothing wrong with a little introspection while droning!

When I was a kid in Southern California walking home from the school bus stop on the rare occasions it had rained, I'd see these brightly colored swirling spots on the wet pavement -I was convinced they were left over from rainbows touching the earth.

I pointed one out to my dad once and he kindly told me it was an oil spot from somebody's leaky oil pan gasket..... Worse than learning the tooth fairy was a myth!

Howard
Great story!

I'm with you on that Howard, devastating to find out that rain deer can't fly too.
Another balloon busted.
Some just have to clear the props from their belfry and refresh the domain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven