DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheap Car Chargers for DJI Batteries any good?

dawaske

Reactions
Hello everyone!

I am currently on the lookout for a cheaper alternative to the DJI FPV Car Charger. During my search I found countless offers for this thing here:

Question is: can I go for it or will this charger probably damage my batteries?

Cheers,
Daniel

Hello everyone!

I am currently on the lookout for a cheaper alternative to the DJI FPV Car Charger. During my search I found countless offers for this thing here:

Cheers,
Daniel
I've been using a car charger from Hanatora for six months and it's been fine. The Hanatora chargers seem to have a good reputation.

I like the fact that you can charge multiple batteries and devices simultaneously.

Hello everyone!

Cheers,
Daniel
They also sell a battery to 110 volt changer (some look like a coffee cup with a lighter cord attached) that you can plug in your regular 110 volt DJI charger to if you don't have a power plug that comes in some newer vehicles. My SUV has one in the back, so I plug in my DJI charger to it and it does fine as I'm driving from spot to spot and may need extra batteries to fly.

I'm not so sure I'd make the phrase "Cheap" as part of my search criteria. Over the years I've "cut corners" when searching for LiPo chargers and almost every single time I've ended up regretting it. Sometimes the unit failing within days and other times just after the "return period" is over.

I'm not saying inexpensive units won't work or that you need to run out and buy the most expensive car charger you can locate. I'm just saying I wouldn't make CHEAP be a large part of the decision making process.

For the record, I am NOT a fan of DJI's solution using a Charging Hub to charge their batteries sequentially. I like to get a strong enough charger to be able to charge multiple batteries simultaneously. This is why I have a power source PERM mounted in my vehicle to provide 110V power to use something other than a "car charger".

Reactions: Gagey52
They also sell a battery to 110 volt changer (some look like a coffee cup with a lighter cord attached) that you can plug in your regular 110 volt DJI charger to if you don't have a power plug that comes in some newer vehicles. My SUV has one in the back, so I plug in my DJI charger to it and it does fine as I'm driving from spot to spot and may need extra batteries to fly.
I wouldn't use one of these unless it has a pure sinewave output. I've destroyed many power tool batteries in the past using a cheap square wave or modified sinewave 110v inverter.

I've been using a car charger from Hanatora for six months and it's been fine. The Hanatora chargers seem to have a good reputation.

I like the fact that you can charge multiple batteries and devices simultaneously.
Thanks for your input, I also have been looking for a car charger and just ordered the Hanatora charger.

Hello everyone!

Cheers,
Daniel
Let me throw this in. I use a power inverter in an SUV and the original DJI battery charging equipment. Works flawlessly. The inverter can be used with just about anything with a standard electrical plug depending on the amperage drawn by what is being used.

Reactions: BigAl07
Let me throw this in. I use a power inverter in an SUV and the original DJI battery charging equipment. Works flawlessly. The inverter can be used with just about anything with a standard electrical plug depending on the amperage drawn by what is being used.
Now that you say it, I also have such a power inverter so yes, I could just use that one :)

However, I think for the sake of convenience I'll just go with the original DJI FPV Car Charger. Because aside from potential quality issues (which actually should not be too much of a problem given that the DJI batteries are doing all the heavy lifting) there is one caveat with those cheap Chinese chargers, at least when it comes to the DJI FPV batteries: the power output.
Upon closer inspection I realized that the dual charger can only do 2x 37.8W (1.5A at 25.2V) as opposed to 1x 85.7W (3.4A at 25.2V) with the DJI original. When I'm on the road I want my batteries to be charged as quickly as possible; with the Chinese chargers taking 80min for a full charge vs. 50min with the DJI charger there's really not much to think about (at least for me).

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-13 um 14.53.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-13 um 14.50.57.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Cheers,
Daniel

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun