DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheapest EU drone register country?

Just done mine through Ireland ! In English, quick efficient ! For the Operator you have to be identified uploading your passport ! It said 3 to 10 days hence my delight when 1 hr later all done and dusted !
The usual watch a video for the flying side and will use an Irish company for a quick A2 C of C which I already have Uk !
One problem is the Air 3 is certified in EU as C1 which allows the Air 3 to 5 metres of an uninvolved person in slow speed ( 5.7 mph )
Not the case with a UK bought Air 3 ! Need to talk to DJI about that
There was a charge ( small ) for both the Operator and basic pilot certificates ! The A2 C of C through a training establishment is around €160 although I am sure there are cheaper providers for the A2 C of C but bothered about the lack of CE marks on the Uk version of Air 3

robin, were you successful? im in the same boat. im trying to register in spain right now, but like you said, its a nightmare. ive heard luxembourg, ireland, and cyprus are in english, but they arent free except luxembourg.

robin, were you successful? im in the same boat. im trying to register in spain right now, but like you said, its a nightmare. ive heard luxembourg, ireland, and cyprus are in english, but they arent free except luxembourg.
Yes I was, it was not easy and website was hard to understand, no English option.

Does anyone know cheapest countries in EU where I can register my drone?
I have Dji Mini 4 Pro so I think i just need to register so I can fly it on holiday in portugal?
I’m planning just to fly on the coast so maybe Ill be okay without registering it? Many thanks for information
I did mine through Ireland ! Intention is supposed to be the first country of use but plans change 😎 Irish was quick and efficient and you will need the basic pilot licence ie the 40 questions ! In EU the Air3 is in C1 Cat hence worth doing the A2 c of c which allows 5 metres to uninvolved people in slow speed mode ! 5.7 mph

Does anyone know cheapest countries in EU where I can register my drone?
I have Dji Mini 4 Pro so I think i just need to register so I can fly it on holiday in portugal?
I’m planning just to fly on the coast so maybe Ill be okay without registering it? Many thanks for information
I just went through all this for an upcoming trip to Italy in July. To fly a drone in the EU you need to register. To register, you need a drone license. (A1/A3) I got mine by taking a course in the Netherlands online in English. At the end, you get a EUSA License.
Then go to D-Flight, register as a drone pilot, upload your license and it's good in all EU countries, Switzerland, Norway & Iceland.

Some links:
D-Flight D-Flight
Training requirements by country Which training I need to fly my drone in the open category? | EASA
Flying by Country: Flying in your country - National Aviation Authorities | EASA
Portuguese Drone Authority: EUROPEAN DRONE MAPS AND DRONE REGULATIONS
Drone Pilot Classes: Drohnenführerschein (A1-A3, A2 und STS)

I hope this helps