DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheapest EU drone register country?

mantasdji

Reactions
Does anyone know cheapest countries in EU where I can register my drone?
I have Dji Mini 4 Pro so I think i just need to register so I can fly it on holiday in portugal?
I’m planning just to fly on the coast so maybe Ill be okay without registering it? Many thanks for information

You need operator license , its free in most countries.

Could you give examples of which countries are free? Google doesn’t seem to help much or i struggle to find where should I apply the main search results gives me option to pay 160 euros for drone eu license

The operator licence is normally done in home country, I am in spain and registered for free.

I wonder if a UK operator's licence is valid in the EU as the UK is no longer a member ? Who can give a definitive answer to the question?

Reactions: Jurgen
I wonder if a UK operator's licence is valid in the EU as the UK is no longer a member ? Who can give a definitive answer to the question?
Doing a search, basically a UK licence is not valid in EU now.

Operator license and drone registration are two different things. Drone registration in Canada is $10 Cdn but the license cost depend on whether yr basic or advanced plus if you've taken the flying test and it's definitely not free. If your not Canadian then its more complicated.

I too am taking my Air 3 to the Canary isles over Easter ( Spain ) There is an electronic portal ( free) to register the Drone but cannot find an English version ?
I think and maybe wrong but you slso need to take the online exam to get a basic licence ? to legally fly as Uk licences not accepted although they are a direct copy and paste from EASA

I too am taking my Air 3 to the Canary isles over Easter ( Spain ) There is an electronic portal ( free) to register the Drone but cannot find an English version ?
I think and maybe wrong but you slso need to take the online exam to get a basic licence ? to legally fly as Uk licences not accepted although they are a direct copy and paste from EASA
There is no english version. It's spanish only unfortunately. You will need operator license to fly in spain.

There is no english version. It's spanish only unfortunately. You will need operator license to fly in spain.
also a lot of no fly zones

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 15.15.57.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 15.15.57.png
    351 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 15.18.30.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 15.18.30.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 3

This I took at Christmas with the Air3 and had the chief of police and one of his drone pilots with me not to cause trouble but genuinely wanting to update his mini to an Air 3 to deal with the winds there!
So very friendly but take your point on no fly zones

I think there is a big gap in spain between what the local police know and what government and air traffic control publish.

Reactions: Aerophile
I don't know if the following link is still valid, but it's where I got my EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) certificate from an online course. I live in UK where the CAA equivalent is no longer valid in the EU

I don't know if the following link is still valid, but it's where I got my EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) certificate from an online course. I live in UK where the CAA equivalent is no longer valid in the EU

Yes its valid in EU

Yes its valid in EU
Just done mine through Ireland ! In English, quick efficient ! For the Operator you have to be identified uploading your passport ! It said 3 to 10 days hence my delight when 1 hr later all done and dusted !
The usual watch a video for the flying side and will use an Irish company for a quick A2 C of C which I already have Uk !
One problem is the Air 3 is certified in EU as C1 which allows the Air 3 to 5 metres of an uninvolved person in slow speed ( 5.7 mph )
Not the case with a UK bought Air 3 ! Need to talk to DJI about that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147