DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checked your props?

Other than the
Other than the sound level, what other differences do you see, if any? Is the mm as/more stable on the after market props than the stock ones?

I did hover test inside the house new vs old props, with new props MM is literally locked in place moves maybe 1-2cm with old props it moves 10-12cm, still stable, safe etc. but I was able to record the difference. I had to zoom out my camera to be able to keep the entire drone in the frame, it also vibrates a bit more, not much but you can feel it if you touch front arm

Reactions: WooZie
I did hover test inside the house new vs old props, with new props MM is literally locked in place moves maybe 1-2cm with old props it moves 10-12cm, still stable, safe etc. but I was able to record the difference. I had to zoom out my camera to be able to keep the entire drone in the frame, it also vibrates a bit more, not much but you can feel it if you touch front arm
Are you saying the after market props work better than stock?

Are you saying the after market props work better than stock?

No aftermarket props are crap... they would need to balance and match properly. I threw my aftermarket props out, total garbage, they will fly but vibrations are way too strong.

No aftermarket props are crap... they would need to balance and match properly. I threw my aftermarket props out, total garbage, they will fly but vibrations are way too strong.

Any visible damage to the props that have the issue? Could be just stress marks...

****. I ordered the red and blue ones, looked nice. Pity that i won't be able to use em

Other than the
Other than the sound level, what other differences do you see, if any? Is the mm as/more stable on the after market props than the stock ones?
Other than the

I am still flying the MM on the original props; I have only flown 3 hours / 30 flights so far; props look OK and no marking on MM body as far as I can see; Definitely noisier than new; Front arms flex significantly; rear not; my props are F1 and F2; just received a new pack of props and they are F2, A3 and H2 so it really would be good to know if having the same letter all round makes a difference or no difference.

i am still waiting for a dry day to try my stiffening mod out ,i think it is a combination of arm flex and prop flex that is causing the issue of the props contacting the body of the drone,i mostly fly in c mode,have never tried sport mode, in all other aspects of flight the drone responds well to the stick inputs,and it is great for flying close up to things and for walking behind and flying in between trees and tight places,to get unusual shots
Can you please post some images of your stiffening mods? I would consider something similar to compare results.

Reactions: old man mavic
Can you please post some images of your stiffening mods? I would consider something similar to compare results.
see my thread ,update on recent mod to front arms of MM

Reactions: WooZie
I had the same clicking noise from my MM. After reading the posts referencing a suggested possible remedy for this prop clicking sound. I removed the foam from lead prop arms and commenced to reinforce them. I needed something light but ridged. Soo I got two generic brand plastic spoons cut the handles to fit the gap in the arms. I used a Dremel and.... I slightly melted them to form the shape. Then put some duck tape 1/4 " wide around the arms.
It worked. No sound at all.
Peace my mavic people. I am hooked on this Drone business and seriously planning on getting a Mav Air..

got it .. Im good to go now.. Spoons are holding

Attachments

• 20200217_063858 - Copy.jpeg
    20200217_063858 - Copy.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 20200217_064253.jpg
    20200217_064253.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
also I used super glue to hold the new support then I put the duck tape,, jus sayin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore