DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Alice Springs, N.T. Australia

S

Skyhawk

Hi All,

Like a lot of people I am new to the DJI scene, my wife gave me the Mavic Pro for my Chrissy present. :) I have ordered a set of ND filters for it and need to tweak the camera settings to get the best results but I have been busy updating firmware and changing from DJI Go to DJI Go 4 apps.

Anyway I hope to be able to participate in this forum especially in the Australian Flyers one. :)

Cheers

Paul

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome! Can't wait to see some shots from the Northern Territory. Are drones allowed around Uluru?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Welcome! Can't wait to see some shots from the Northern Territory. Are drones allowed around Uluru?

Knowing Uluru and its governance I would say that any drone flying would not be allowed, unfortunately it is a controlled airspace and there is an airport right next to it. A bit like the Grand Canyon having the Helicopter sightseeing flights the same happens at Uluru.

However I hope to be producing some video's of the outback that I hope will be enjoyed by everyone. :)

Reactions: Beatfox
Yep that's right Uluru and all other Commonwealth National Parks are out of bounds for drones. Commonwealth National Parks include:
  • Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
  • Kakadu National Park
  • Booderee National Park

Yep that's right Uluru and all other Commonwealth National Parks are out of bounds for drones. Commonwealth National Parks include:
  • Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
  • Kakadu National Park
  • Booderee National Park

Apart from Government regulations, out here you also have to abide by traditional owner rules as well. If you intend to do any photography at say Uluru you might end up having to purchase a permit to do any photography they deem to be professional and likely to sell any images you take.

Reactions: MalM61
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Skyhawk.:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hi All,

Like a lot of people I am new to the DJI scene, my wife gave me the Mavic Pro for my Chrissy present. :) I have ordered a set of ND filters for it and need to tweak the camera settings to get the best results but I have been busy updating firmware and changing from DJI Go to DJI Go 4 apps.

Anyway I hope to be able to participate in this forum especially in the Australian Flyers one. :)

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul
I'm arriving in Alice soon and wanted to find a drone owner/pilot to do some simple aerial photography. It would only take a few hours, would be very simple and I'd pay well for your time. Or maybe you might know someone who might be interested.
regards
Raymond

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada