DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from CA with a used Mavic 2 zoom

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thank you. I am a true newbie and am just sitting in my office figuring out how to turn things on and off. I have a smart controller and there doesn't seem to be a lot of basic startup info????? I live 1.5 miles from an airport and want to fly in my backyard to get started but drone says no???
Thank you. I am a true newbie and am just sitting in my office figuring out how to turn things on and off. I have a smart controller and there doesn't seem to be a lot of basic startup info????? I live 1.5 miles from an airport and want to fly in my backyard to get started but drone says no???
Welcome from NW Indiana, and yep, you can’t fly your drone in your backyard, you might hit one of those jetliners flying right over your yard. 🙄🙄🙄

Let me see if I remember how to count that hi:)
As DirkClodhas advised you, it's not a good idea. Sacramento is a very busy airspace and this weekend there are two very important No Fly Zones due to an airshow and some activities at Beale AFB… it's could bring a knock at your door and it will not be the "Welcome Wagon…"

These NFZ are the type known as a NOTAM No Fly Zone, issued by the FAA, that could get you real trouble, like a large fine at the very least if you violate them.

I live within 4-miles of an Air Force Base and even though I have FAA Authorization to fly in various areas, and I call the Air Traffic Control Facility before flying my Mini 2 Drone, I often get visits at my flying site by various authorities (Military Security Forces and local Police). Oh they know me and they usually just stop by to say hi and see what I'm doing, they sometimes stop by when I forgot or didn't bother to call and when I asked how they knew I was flying, they told me they have the equipment to pick up the telemetry coming from my controller and my drone…
Thank you. I appreciate the heads up. I'm still learning and loving it

Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez