DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking out the nearby river after snow

Q24H

Reactions

Went out after two recent snow storms, just practicing some filming from the back yard and working on my video editing.
Half way into edit I started to regret choosing a 3.5 minute long audio track as I sorta ran out of unique clips, oh well!

Also even tho I uploaded a 100 Mbps source file, the 1080p youtube version looks horrendous, is that to be expected? Anyways critique/advice welcome!

I liked it, certain scenes more than others like the rotation around the town with the church in the corner, and the finale panning up to the sun though that may be a little ironic.

Good complimentary music.

At first I thought the white balance was a little warm, but I saw one scene with the red of the trees against the blue of the snow, so what do I know? Have you played with the custom kelvin scale in the settings? Most people settle on Sunny, or Cloudy, but the CK scale gives you greater control; especially as your camera angle in relation to the sun changes. If you give that a try, consider sliding toward 3200 to cool the image down and toward 8000 to warm the image up.

If your music is longer than the videos segments, you can fade the music out before it's natural end.

Thanks for the tips,

on white balancing, it won't be easy making them all look similar, since it was a compilation of about 3-4 missions shot under different time (some mid day, some around sunset) and conditions (one after snow blanketed everything, another where is half melted). That being said I didn't spend too much time on fixing the colors so maybe I'll go back and play with the temperature some more.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes