DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checklists

Chaosrider

Reactions
I'm a big believer in checklists. I read them aloud during pre-flight, even when there's no one else in the plane.

Has anyone put together checklists for the TRUST rules, and/or the 107 rules?

I'm looking for bullets, not details. When an aircraft checklist says "Mixture--SET", they don't tell you how to do it, it's just listed as something to check. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for, but for the regs in this case, not flight ops.

Thx,

TCS

A friend who flies a nice Mooney told me a good story about being in the left seat with a 20,000+ hour Air Force pilot he'd recently met as a passenger. After the doors were closed and the seat belts were buckled, Richard looked over and said, "I hope you won't be embarrassed if I use a checklist." The wise old fellow in the right seat said, "Richard, I'd be embarrassed if you didn't."

A friend who flies a nice Mooney told me a good story about being in the left seat with a 20,000+ hour Air Force pilot he'd recently met as a passenger. After the doors were closed and the seat belts were buckled, Richard looked over and said, "I hope you won't be embarrassed if I use a checklist." The wise old fellow in the right seat said, "Richard, I'd be embarrassed if you didn't."
Exactly so!

:)

TCS

I use a Google Sheets checklist that I can pull up and check off on my phone for paid work just in case. I should probably print out a couple copies and stick them in my drone case when I will inevitably not have cellphone coverage though.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
I'm a big believer in checklists. I read them aloud during pre-flight, even when there's no one else in the plane.

Has anyone put together checklists for the TRUST rules, and/or the 107 rules?

I'm looking for bullets, not details. When an aircraft checklist says "Mixture--SET", they don't tell you how to do it, it's just listed as something to check. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for, but for the regs in this case, not flight ops.

Thx,

TCS
I have a couple checklists that I created for drone operators: One for the USA (based on Part 107 rules) and one for Canada (based on RPAS - Advanced rules). They're probably more detailed than what you're looking for (the U.S. one is 5 pages) but that's because one page is mostly for pre-flight planning (with links to sites like Airmap, NOTAMs, weather, etc.), another is your in the field checklist and the others have troubleshooting tips and what to do in an emergency. You could run with just the one page if that's all you're looking for.

You can find the checklists here: www.groundcontrolresources.com

I have a couple checklists that I created for drone operators: One for the USA (based on Part 107 rules) and one for Canada (based on RPAS - Advanced rules). They're probably more detailed than what you're looking for (the U.S. one is 5 pages) but that's because one page is mostly for pre-flight planning (with links to sites like Airmap, NOTAMs, weather, etc.), another is your in the field checklist and the others have troubleshooting tips and what to do in an emergency. You could run with just the one page if that's all you're looking for.

You can find the checklists here: www.groundcontrolresources.com
This is great, I'll definitely check these out.

Thx!!

:)

Reactions: makneyse
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost