DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Chile Video revised edit 31 minutes

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
For those of you you have not yet watched the Chile video, I have made several changes to the original. If you click on the original it may have been removed from my Vimeo page. The latest edited version is this version.
If you have not watched it yet, please watch the newer version. If you have watched it, no need to watch again, since the changes were minor.
Here are the notes that accompanied the original e-mail. Again, they have not changed.
Please enjoy this 32 minute video when you have the time, and relax with your favored beverage.
This trip was taken after covid lockdowns in the USA, but the government of Chile was still very strict about covid vaccine verifications and masking. We did not think we were going to receive our treasured C-19 pass and vaccine pass until the very last minute and we were on the verge of canceling. In addition, the trip was supposed to be to two destinations. Firstly, the Atacama Desert, the highest and driest place in the world, featuring absence of light pollution and extremely dark skies for astrophotography. Secondly, we were supposed to include Easter Island (Rapa Nui) , owned by the country of Chile, but the island remained closed due to covid and we had to find an alternative place to visit. We chose Chiloé Island and Tierra Chiloé Hotel & Spa. The video features visits to both The Atacama Desert and Explora Atacama Lodge and then Chiloé Island and Tierra Chiloé Hotel & Spa.

Touring of Santiago, Chile, a winery (Casablanca) and the beautiful city of Valparaiso completed the itinerary.

The video features a multi-media approach, using still and video photography. Here are the technical details
137 GB of Assets , 31 days of editing
2 Nikon D750 bodies with 2 Nikkor 28-300mm lenses, f/3.5-5.6
DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone for both stills and video
DJI Osmo Action camera (like a Go Pro)
DJI Osmo OM4 gimbal using an Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
DJI Osmo Pocket video and still camera,+Really Right Stuff tripod
Software and editing-using Apple I MAC, Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CC2022, and Adobe Premiere Pro video editing. Also, LRLightroom for timelapses.
You are encouraged to view full screen! Enjoy. Comments welcomed.

Well Dale not much to say about that except a top effort, entertaining and a truly great watch.

Well Dale not much to say about that except a top effort, entertaining and a truly great watch.
Glad you liked it. It was mostly a memento film for me but I wanted to share it despite the length. It’s not possible to compress that much data (137GB) into a 3 min film so I just went for, it, all the time trying to tighten each clip and each image.
Dale

Great work. In our culture today It's hard to hold interest for more than a few minutes... and you certainly did so with this piece. Congratulations on a very interesting and well composed work. Would love to visit myself. Have been to SA many times on business and admire its beauty but always caught that return flight without much to show. Again Thank You.

Great work. In our culture today It's hard to hold interest for more than a few minutes... and you certainly did so with this piece. Congratulations on a very interesting and well composed work. Would love to visit myself. Have been to SA many times on business and admire its beauty but always caught that return flight without much to show. Again Thank You.
I loved your comments and they are so true. We are a rapid gratification society now.

In my retirement I am now down to one big trip a year and this was it. I just didn't want to short change myself in making a 3 minute film. If you decide to visit the Atacama Desert,and or Chiloe, feel free to start a conversation with me. I have a lot of tips.

Dale
Miami

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada