DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chip overheating after crash...

Fjb5029

Reactions
Hi all,

I need some help. I purchased the air a few months ago and have been flying well since. I do not have DJI care. However, recently I crashed the drone into a tree and it fell from around 100 feet. After the fall, the drone looks fine and is responsive to joystick gimbal commands, however I cannot take off - I keep getting an error saying that the processor chip is overheating.

I’ve read around a few forums and it appears to be an issue with the internal fan. What are my options? Will DJIs warrenty cover this? I’m fearful because if they do a data analysis, they are surely to see the crash and connect the two.

- Concerned pilot

Reactions: Former Member
I’ve read around a few forums and it appears to be an issue with the internal fan. What are my options?

Pay for DJI to fix it. Pay for someone local to replace the fan. Find a fan and attempt a repair yourself. Or reach out to @Thunderdrones on this forum (if in the US), and request a repair through him.

Will DJIs warrenty cover this? I’m fearful because if they do a data analysis, they are surely to see the crash and connect the two.

They won't cover it and they will surely check the logs. Because this was pilot error and not a manufacturer defect, warranties are not relevant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User