DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choice of antennas

h00etn

Reactions
Hi,

I have read several threads on antennas for the Mavic Air here but there is a solution that I haven't seen any thread about. So here comes my question:

Which one is the best option for the MA if only these 2 alternatives are possible?
  • SOLO V.2 Long Range Kit 10.5dBi
  • or
  • ARGtek MAVICEXT8 WiFi Signal Range Extender For DJI Mavic Air/Pro/Spark
I'm mainly trying to have approx 2-3km distance with as little signal lost as possible. I mainly fly where there some interferens. I'm in Europe but I fly in FCC mode.

Thanks!

I have the Solo clone. Distance isn't really improved but penetration and video signal are certainly better.

Reactions: h00etn
Do you really need these antennas. Just go for the parabolic range boosters for 10 dollars. If anything goes wrong, your out of luck since you most likely have voided the warranty by changing the antennas

A follow up with a small reasoning for all you knowledgeable (sure that most of you are much better at it than I am) in radio communications...

Technically, would it be safe to say that antennas with higher gain better transmission? I ,if you put larger antennas to the RC than the original ones and if they have higher gain - they should perform better, right? Would it affect both videosignal (-feed) and/or RC-signal?

I have only tested the ARGtek on my previous Phantom 3 Std - and it really enhanced the distance without loosing signal and they also gave me better range with seamless videotransfer. I got from 700 meters to 1300 meters with the mod on the P3.

So technically, would there be any reason why I would not get similar enhancement on the Mavic Air?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu