DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy Video

rickw

Reactions
Can someone help with this?Looks fine on mini 4 on dji go,but when I play on pc it;s choppy,thanks

tried to upload couldn't figure out how

Can someone help with this?Looks fine on mini 4 on dji go,but when I play on pc it;s choppy,thanks

tried to upload couldn't figure out how
Is it an older computer? Mine has trouble playing video from the mavic.

Reactions: rickw
What are the specs of the PC you're using? An example of the issue would be extremely helpful (upload to youtube and link here).

pc is fine,worked great when I used galaxy tablet,now on mini 4 it does this,changed video settings in go4 to mp4 and I'm 1080p/60

The iPad is probably making it a .mov file, unless you changed it. That's a format created for apple/mac hardware. My pc plays it choppy also, unless I use a legacy version of media player classic. I changed the save format to whatever the other option is, I can't remember, MP4 or Avi. One of those. Now it plays fine. Apple sucks for real, there are so many more possibilities when flying from a droid, but unfortunately the iPad is the most compatible with the DJI software......

Last edited:
The iPad is probably making it a .mov file, unless you changed it. That's a format created for apple/mac hardware. My pc plays it choppy also, unless I use a legacy version of media player classic. I changed the save format to whatever the other option is, I can't remember, MP4 or Avi. One of those. Now it plays fine.

His previous comment specifies changing it to .mp4

Reactions: Rogue.Aircraft
His previous comment specifies changing it to .mp4

My bad. I missed that.

How are you getting the video onto your pc? Just making sure that you transferred it to the computer's hard drive and aren't just trying to plug the drone in with USB cable, and play the file off the drone?

didn't change anything on pc,just like I used with android,also just changed sd card that didn't help either,uploading to youtube now to try and get video here,just slow going.I'm using same card reader that I used with android

didn't change anything on pc,just like I used with android,also just changed sd card that didn't help either,uploading to youtube now to try and get video here,just slow going.I'm using same card reader that I used with android

Did you get a high performance ad card? The manual specifies a certain preferred brand to use. They claim that the low-end Sd cards arent able to be written to quickly enough to store the data at the rate required for HD, especially at 60fps I'd think. Have you always filmed at 60fps?

ALSO,this all happened after I rolled back to 700 on mavic and rc

Might be incompatible with the newest version of DJI go for ios. Apple doesn't do rollbacks. or support devices that are not currently updated. Maybe this is a similar situation. An app too advanced for the firmware of the device ?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about 60fps before,what should I use 30? SD card identical to first one I was using

can't believe it,that video is fine,not playing like that on pc ???????????

You never answered my question about whether or not you were transferring the files to the PC before playing them, or are you just trying to play them off of the SD card with the reader? The difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS is that at 1080 and above 30 FPS will play off of the SD card and 60 FPS Won't.

well,I think you solved my problem,I have to use 30fps, THANK YOU SOO MUCH

No, Hopefully you just have to transfer The video to the hard drive before you play it. Or have a USB 3.0 port , as well as a 3.0 card reader. Honestly though 60 frames per second is kind of overkill if you are uploading these videos to the Internet or editing them with any type of free program. Both of those options are going to dumb down your resolution in the name of saving space, bandwith, and CPU usage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705