DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Christmas lights

McGanksta

Reactions
My neighborhood has really stepped up the light displays this year and I ant to capture it.
The idea is to fly down the streets during the day and shoot, then do the same at dusk and have the day shot transition into the night shot with the lights.

With the Mini 2 is there a "best" way to setup to shoot the lights at night?

Thnaks
McG

Best way to shoot lights at night? You may want to consider manual exposure and use your screen as a guide. You could try auto which may work well, but you'll give up control. You may want to make a dry run at night just to check for exposure, noise, etc.

I probably don't have to tell you, but make sure you have adequate collision avoidance strobes.

Reactions: McGanksta
Also consider flying/filming the twilight. A little detail in the housing, the lawns, the sidewalks (?) can really help the look of these projects!

If you’re editing, you can then dial color correction of blacks and shadows to a level you like.

Oh, right, you said at dusk :)

My neighborhood has really stepped up the light displays this year and I ant to capture it.
The idea is to fly down the streets during the day and shoot, then do the same at dusk and have the day shot transition into the night shot with the lights.

With the Mini 2 is there a "best" way to setup to shoot the lights at night?

Thnaks
McG
While doing a drone shot, you can also have another medium working for you. TIMELAPSE!

If you have a camera with an intervalometer (Nikon) try doing a day to night timelapse over a one hour period, shooting every 10 seconds (interval 10 seconds). That would be 6 shots per minute, or 360 shots in an hour. Divide that number (360) by 24 frames per minute) and you will get a 15 second "show." If you are interested, you are welcome to private message me for more details.

Dale

I was shocked how HARD it is to shoot "Christmas Lights" with the UAS. I spent hours trying different settings and still never got anything I was completely happy with.

I know it can be done because I've seen some recently that were AWESOME but they didn't give any details as to camera/drone or settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aw.mydrone