DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chrome icon in folder - what is this?

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
Hello. I downloaded image files from my Macic 2 Pro and in the folder there were two Chrome icons (attachment 001). If I clicked on one of these a page opened online (attachment 002) with links to the files. Does anyone know what these are? If it matters, during the flight my mobile was in Airplane mode. Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• DJI Chrome Files 001.JPG
    DJI Chrome Files 001.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DJI Chrome Files 002.JPG
    DJI Chrome Files 002.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 21
Hello. I downloaded image files from my Macic 2 Pro and in the folder there were two Chrome icons (attachment 001). If I clicked on one of these a page opened online (attachment 002) with links to the files. Does anyone know what these are? If it matters, during the flight my mobile was in Airplane mode. Thanks for any info.
Your computer isn’t recognizing the format of the SD card correctly and so it is using Chrome to navigate the directory instead of file explorer.

It’s not opening online it’s opening the directory locally on your machine.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Your pc is set to use the Chrome browser to play media files.

Search for DEFAULT APPS on your computer and you'll see it has Chrome set for images/videos.

File explorer is working just fine

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Your computer isn’t recognizing the format of the SD card correctly and so it is using Chrome to navigate the directory instead of file explorer.

Nowt to do with SD Card format
You can see file explorer doing exactly what it should in the pics!

Search for DEFAULT APPS on your computer and you'll see it has Chrome set for images/videos.

Thanks for your reply. I might not understand what you're saying but my default app to view images is the Windows Photo Viewer and for videos its set for the VLC media player - whenever I open one of those files it'll open in one of those apps - so I'm not so sure that my PC is set to use Chrome to play media files. If it matters, in my first attachment 001, I had already removed the MP4 files but left the two Chrome icons there. This isn't messing up my work flow, I was just wondering what the Chrome icons were for - they're not there every time I shoot, only occasionally.

Thanks for your reply. I'm still trying to figure this out.

Nowt to do with SD Card format
You can see file explorer doing exactly what it should in the pics!
You’ll notice it is the

Your right I didn’t look at it carefully enough

Thanks for your reply. I might not understand what you're saying but my default app to view images is the Windows Photo Viewer and for videos its set for the VLC media player - whenever I open one of those files it'll open in one of those apps - so I'm not so sure that my PC is set to use Chrome to play media files. If it matters, in my first attachment 001, I had already removed the MP4 files but left the two Chrome icons there. This isn't messing up my work flow, I was just wondering what the Chrome icons were for - they're not there every time I shoot, only occasionally.

Hmmm, ok... So within file explorer (your first screen shot with the "chrome files", could you click on VIEW at the top and then DETAILS on the sub menu.
You'll see a "type" column- it should tell you what file types they are and we might be able to determine what file type has chosen Chrome as it's default program. Then we can hopefully get you sorted- don't fret, it's a simple fix and just a computer setting, nothing to do with your drone ;)

Hmmm, ok... So within file explorer (your first screen shot with the "chrome files", could you click on VIEW at the top and then DETAILS on the sub menu.
You'll see a "type" column- it should tell you what file types they are and we might be able to determine what file type has chosen Chrome as it's default program. Then we can hopefully get you sorted- don't fret, it's a simple fix and just a computer setting, nothing to do with your drone ;)
Apologies for the delay. Let me get back to you. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman