DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Church and Loch of Kilchrist, Broadford, Skye

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
The ruins of Kilchrist Kirk, on the Broadford / Elgol road, picturesque and haunting, definitely a photographic hotspot on Skye.

Captured on our final day, on the way back form Elgol and just before the rain arrived at the end of our holiday...

Ooo you speed merchant, I think you were catching that 'truck'/camper. Bleak place when everything is brown.
Was the orbit manual or automated?
Yup, I was catching him up, AIR3 at 47mph...

All flown manually, hence the wandering of the kirk as I went around - I could lie and say it was intentional to show the loch, but it wasnt.. Lol..

I remember when you first joined.... (Your Avatar, you look like a friend of mine...) you have certainly collected a few drones. You wrote you are a Hobby Photographer, I think you should seriously consider going commercial, you should certainly be able to sell your work.

I remember when you first joined.... (Your Avatar, you look like a friend of mine...) you have certainly collected a few drones. You wrote you are a Hobby Photographer, I think you should seriously consider going commercial, you should certainly be able to sell your work.
Thanks for he encouragement and the comlpiment... I would love to fly drones commercially, but is there a market for mybtype of flying, and can it guarantee the income, we are 3 years away from paying off the mortgage, and 10 years from retirement, I have a good job that pays well enough, so there is security in that and our plan is to semi-retire to Scotland when we can afford to do so - hopefully pensions will be enhanced by some crafting and some YT revenue - if we ever get to the level of being able to mentise the channel...

• Love
Reactions: LoudThunder
I would love to fly drones commercially
I am a Yank and here in the States, to monetize a YouTube Channel or take drone photos or videos for some measure of compensations requires passing a 60-question test at a cost of $175 and it is good for life, you just have to pass a free review exam every few years.

I understand the drone laws in the UK are changing as I wrote this including the need for Remote Identification. I think you will need some special license that costs some money, but it might be worth it…

So many business are on the web now and to make their web site more interesting, a video of their business like you make might be just the ticket, you can do it in your spare time… Also there is Real Estate videos, and so many more that you can make with your style… Just saying…

Any case, keep up the wonderful videos, I love the scenery…

Reactions: AlbionDrones
I am a Yank and here in the States, to monetize a YouTube Channel or take drone photos or videos for some measure of compensations requires passing a 60-question test at a cost of $175 and it is good for life, you just have to pass a free review exam every few years.

I understand the drone laws in the UK are changing as I wrote this including the need for Remote Identification. I think you will need some special license that costs some money, but it might be worth it…

So many business are on the web now and to make their web site more interesting, a video of their business like you make might be just the ticket, you can do it in your spare time… Also there is Real Estate videos, and so many more that you can make with your style… Just saying…

Any case, keep up the wonderful videos, I love the scenery…
Thank you.... ATM all I need is commercial insurance to undertake commercial flights, but for YT content and selling what I have already produced I dont need anything more than I have - I have sold a couple of bit of Distillery Footage for cash so far..

I am planning on doing an FPV internal fly around a workshop at work, which if it works will eb a good showcase as to what I could offer, perhaps that would entice some paid work, we shall see.. But as for the cinematic footage, it isnt something that there appears to be a market for atm, so YT is the way it could earn something, we shall see,,, Still 410 more subs and 2400 hrs watch time a year util we reach that point anyway... So I think another 12 to 18 months yet, if the channel continues to grow as it has been..

Another awesome video! thank you for all your hard work.

Another great video from AlbionDrones studios. Keep 'em coming Suzanne!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2