DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Cuilin Views and Loch Scavaig, Elgol, Skye

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Perhaps the most iconic Skye view of the Cuillins, Loch Scavaig, and the Small Isles - Rum, Eigg and Canna - from the remote village of Elgol, a classic photographic spot reimagined with the DJI Air3.

Taken on our last full day on Skye, as the weather was beginning to break - 25 mins later we were dodging the rain - but still the landscape was looking gorgeous.

The foreshore has an SSSI for fossils, but there are no restrictions for drone flying nor at the Car Parking area, which is where I flew from.

Going in circles always makes me queezy after awhile and it almost got me.
Was there an actual storm, as it looked like it was going to be an awesome god show ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the sky.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Perhaps the most iconic Skye view of the Cuillins, Loch Scavaig, and the Small Isles - Rum, Eigg and Canna - from the remote village of Elgol, a classic photographic spot reimagined with the DJI Air3.

Taken on our last full day on Skye, as the weather was beginning to break - 25 mins later we were dodging the rain - but still the landscape was looking gorgeous.

The foreshore has an SSSI for fossils, but there are no restrictions for drone flying nor at the Car Parking area, which is where I flew from.
wow, the first 30 seconds are amazing Suzanna, which is not to say the rest isn't good! I was in Elgol back then too, a fantastically located place where I would love to live! 😉 The music is great too! Where did you get it? Epidemic Sound? Cheers Paul

Going in circles always makes me queezy after awhile and it almost got me.
Was there an actual storm, as it looked like it was going to be an awesome god show ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the sky.
Sorry the tracking pan triggered your motion sickness, I get seasick and car sick - if I am not driving, which is why I drive everywhere - so know how bad it feels... It was the last day of the holiday, and the last chance fo capture Elgol, the weather was showery rther than stormy, we had rain 25 mins after this was filmed, but no thunder of lightning...

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
wow, the first 30 seconds are amazing Suzanna, which is not to say the rest isn't good! I was in Elgol back then too, a fantastically located place where I would love to live! 😉 The music is great too! Where did you get it? Epidemic Sound? Cheers Paul
Thanks Paul, music was from Pixabay, its linked in the YT video description.

Ooooo eeeee, were you not tempted to fly to the mountains in the background?
Excuse this sassonach for not knowing the names but I would have been tempted to have a look and the white streak (waterfall ?) on the cone shaped mountain in the back ground ... if it was in range.

Last edited:
Ooooo eeeee, were you not tempted to fly to the mountains in the back ground,? Excuse this sassonach for not knowing the names but I would have been tempted to have a look and the white streak (waterfall ?) on the cone shaped mountain in the back ground ... if it was in range.
Tempted, but at 5 miles distance I was a bit dubious... Plus despite the looks it was quite windy, and I didnt want to fly a long way away only to run out of battery and drop in the drink on the way back... (And I have to stay in VLOS, whicvh with the AIR3 is a little more than 500m, but still less than 5 miles :) )

Love it! @1:20-ish, those houses right there @ the beach front. What views they have!

Last edited:
Love it! @1:20-ish, those houses right there @ tne beach front. What views they have!
Yes... Although 50% of the houses in Elgol are now holiday homes or holiday rental cottages - which is somewhat killing the village... Tourism and popularity is unfortunately a 2 edged sword... Skye is stunning, but compared with my first visit - 40 years ago - it has been massivel;y developed, houses ae everywhere and crowds of tourists too... I will admit to being part of the problem, and I cannot see a solution...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne