DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Lewis and Harris View - Totscore, Isle of Skye

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another location from our recent Skye / Lewis and Harris trip, perhaps another 8 or 10 locations to come over the next few weeks, but this one was an unexpected one...

Late afternoon autumn sunshine on the ridge above our cottage - in Totscore, Isle of Skye - caught my eye as we returned from a day of exploring, so a quick flight with the DJI Air3 to capture the ridge was made, which yielded far more than I anticipated!

Stunning panoramic views over the Isle of Skye and far reaching views over the Minch to Lewis and Harris, and some of the rest of the Outer Hebrides. There were fluffy clouds dropping sharp showers, sunshine reflecting off the water, and in the distance a Rainbow - idyllic - and yet the day (our second full day on Skye, Monday) had been a windy one - where exposed - and a cold one at that, but by the late afternoon had camed somewhat...

Drones - 'Mighty Midge' - DJI MINI3 Pro + 'Monster Midge' - DJI AIR3
Edited using - DaVinci Resolve 18
Music - James Horner - A gift of a thistle - Braveheart Soundtrack

Please don't publish any more of your videos of Scotland here, let's just keep it a secret eh? Say it is Canada or some other far flung place. Seriously, I am very much looking forward to clips of the rest of your trips to our beautiful Caledonia.

Please don't publish any more of your videos of Scotland here, let's just keep it a secret eh? Say it is Canada or some other far flung place. Seriously, I am very much looking forward to clips of the rest of your trips to our beautiful Caledonia.
Thanks Yogi, your land is soo stunning it just keeps calling me back again and again, and thankfully the way I fly and edit seems to work for the landscape - although I still don't think I am fully doing it justice tbh...

I have my roots - paternal and maternal - in Scotland, Hume and Stewart clans - and knew from my first visit in the 80's that I loved the place... Hopefully a move north will come in the next 10 years and allow us to enuoy our retirement in some of the most beautiful places in thw world...

I have Fairy Pools, Lower Quirang - near Flodigarry, Elgol Views already processed for release over next 2 weeks, and then the Old Man of Storr, Mealt Falls/Kilt Rock, Callanais 2+3, Dun Carloway Broch, Sellebost beach, Kilkrist ruined Church, Fairy Glenn, Skye Island Life museum and perhaps another couple from the way up to process yet... Coming back for a couple of nights in Tongue in December, then in April for a week in Blairgowrie area and Skye again in June...

Thanks Yogi, your land is soo stunning it just keeps calling me back again and again, and thankfully the way I fly and edit seems to work for the landscape - although I still don't think I am fully doing it justice tbh...

I have my roots - paternal and maternal - in Scotland, Hume and Stewart clans - and knew from my first visit in the 80's that I loved the place... Hopefully a move north will come in the next 10 years and allow us to enuoy our retirement in some of the most beautiful places in thw world...

I have Fairy Pools, Lower Quirang - near Flodigarry, Elgol Views already processed for release over next 2 weeks, and then the Old Man of Storr, Mealt Falls/Kilt Rock, Callanais 2+3, Dun Carloway Broch, Sellebost beach, Kilkrist ruined Church, Fairy Glenn, Skye Island Life museum and perhaps another couple from the way up to process yet... Coming back for a couple of nights in Tongue in December, then in April for a week in Blairgowrie area and Skye again in June...
Yep, I know the feeling. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to have visited a good few countries, going even as far as Hawaii, but, I am always glad to get back home to Scotland. I hope your retirement plans prove fruitful and you enjoy many more years up here.

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Yep, I know the feeling. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to have visited a good few countries, going even as far as Hawaii, but, I am always glad to get back home to Scotland. I hope your retirement plans prove fruitful and you enjoy many more years up here.
Thank you, I have just under 11 years left to get my Govt pension, and 3 personal pensions that are still accruing, plus a mortgage due to pay off in the next few years, so hopefully we will have the funds for the moveby my mid 60's and be able to adopt a more craft and leisure based lifestyle - some leatherworking, woodturning, stick making and blacksmithing to bring in a little extra income and make hobbies economically sustainable - as well as keeping us active - oh and lots of walking, cycling, drone flying and photography to boot :)

Another location from our recent Skye / Lewis and Harris trip, perhaps another 8 or 10 locations to come over the next few weeks, but this one was an unexpected one...

Late afternoon autumn sunshine on the ridge above our cottage - in Totscore, Isle of Skye - caught my eye as we returned from a day of exploring, so a quick flight with the DJI Air3 to capture the ridge was made, which yielded far more than I anticipated!

Stunning panoramic views over the Isle of Skye and far reaching views over the Minch to Lewis and Harris, and some of the rest of the Outer Hebrides. There were fluffy clouds dropping sharp showers, sunshine reflecting off the water, and in the distance a Rainbow - idyllic - and yet the day (our second full day on Skye, Monday) had been a windy one - where exposed - and a cold one at that, but by the late afternoon had camed somewhat...

Drones - 'Mighty Midge' - DJI MINI3 Pro + 'Monster Midge' - DJI AIR3
Edited using - DaVinci Resolve 18
Music - James Horner - A gift of a thistle - Braveheart Soundtrack

I really like the subject, editing and the sensitive, skilled flying. Other than that they're much like my videos 😁!

• Love
I really like the subject, editing and the sensitive, skilled flying. Other than that they're much like my videos 😁!
Thank you kindly, appreciate the comment :)

Thank you, I have just under 11 years left to get my Govt pension, and 3 personal pensions that are still accruing, plus a mortgage due to pay off in the next few years, so hopefully we will have the funds for the moveby my mid 60's and be able to adopt a more craft and leisure based lifestyle - some leatherworking, woodturning, stick making and blacksmithing to bring in a little extra income and make hobbies economically sustainable - as well as keeping us active - oh and lots of walking, cycling, drone flying and photography to boot :)
Well, when you do get here, "lang may yer lum reek". ;)

• Love
I love videos that I can observe and absorb the feel of the landscape. I look at the geology and biology. It is like reading a book, but I'm reading the lay of the land and wonder. Thank you.

• Love
I love videos that I can observe and absorb the feel of the landscape. I look at the geology and biology. It is like reading a book, but I'm reading the lay of the land and wonder. Thank you.
Thank you, glad it was enjoyed... I have some more of the wonderful geology / geography of Skye coming in the next few weeks that may interest you :)

Another beautifully done clip! I absolutely LOVE the cloud formation @ ~:55. It looks connected to the sky and the water below.

• Love
Another beautifully done clip! I absolutely LOVE the cloud formation @ ~:55. It looks connected to the sky and the water below.
Thanks... It was an epic view, I was fortunate to capture it... Lots more to come, and perhaps a Skye showreel - going back next summer too :)

Reactions: Prop Wash
Loved it, thanks for another great video

Loved it, thanks for another great video
Thank you... And thanks for catching up with the recent postings, I hope you are well?

Really nice and very interesting. A place with no natural trees. It looks like the only trees are around human activity where they were likely planted 100s or 1000s of years ago, yet still, they haven't spread out and given saplings to the landscape over the eons.

Strange, serene and beautiful in its own way. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas