DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cine mode doesn't seem to be working

Don't expect perfection without a practice. I myself, aways cut the yaw rate way down. you don't need that drone whipping back and forth like a windshield wiper. I don't know if that setting is on the Mini2 as I don't have one but..you can train your muscle memory by putting the drone in front of you and yawing back and forth until you get a feel for the required input. You don't see many pan shots in feature films..there is a good reason.
your last point: Yes!

Similarly with transitions. loads of options with transitions in editing software but who uses them.? . A Pro videographer told me to watch any modern TV production.. 'really' watch. Very little panning and mostly straight cuts.. Little to No Transitions... LOL

Very little panning and mostly straight cuts.. Little to No Transitions... LOL
And if you do get a panning shot it suffers the same problem of appearing to be blurred and jerky. I think it's down to the shutter speed of the camera coupled with the refresh rate of TV screens - they don't seem to play well together.

If you want to get a smooth pan it has to be very, very slow and that takes time. Even in video if you want to capture a wide area it's better to take a series of static shots and replay them in sequence.

People, it seems, are happier with a series of statics rather than a jerky distorted pan.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S