DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cine Sticks

The first time I heard of CineSticks on the Forums was a couple of years ago and I thought it was a tasty pastry product. 😃

Can't imagine flying while eating Cin(niamon) sticks.

Boy, did I learn something that day. 😊

Good luck with your flights. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
Ha Ha, the idea is to give more control/finer movements for video. We shall see if it actually works.

Reactions: MA2 317
Ha Ha, the idea is to give more control/finer movements for video. We shall see if it actually works.
The RC Pro sticks are already designed for more control and finer movements, and are the same sticks used in the FPV drone. I bought a set of these Cine sticks and never installed them after getting them, because they truly weren't needed, and would an extra hassle to use. Let us know how they work for you! If you remove the sticks after flight for transport, they make it more complicated. Probably best on the Mavic 2 RC, which takes a different size.

The RC Pro sticks are already designed for more control and finer movements, and are the same sticks used in the FPV drone. I bought a set of these Cine sticks and never installed them after getting them, because they truly weren't needed, and would an extra hassle to use. Let us know how they work for you! If you remove the sticks after flight for transport, they make it more complicated. Probably best on the Mavic 2 RC, which takes a different size.
I am happy to report they work great. The main thing that makes them good is the fact that you have to apply decent pressure to move the sticks to a faster position. It makes slow flying more precise and easier to do. I would definitely recommend them if you are trying to get slower, more cinematic moves with your filming.

I am happy to report they work great. The main thing that makes them good is the fact that you have to apply decent pressure to move the sticks to a faster position. It makes slow flying more precise and easier to do. I would definitely recommend them if you are trying to get slower, more cinematic moves with your filming.
I concur although the rubber is a bit too stiff for certain maneuvers. For example, I wasn't able to lower the sticks far enough to start the rotors for manual take off. Once I'm in the air, it's great for slow cinematic movements but clearly the rubber is limiting the full-range of motion on the sticks. You?

Got a pair myself.
Sadly the rubber they used is simply too stiff.

Good idea, but, not practical.
To me it's a mixed bag. The rubber is a *touch too stiff and doesn't allow for a full range of motion (FRM). For example, I wasn't able to lower the sticks far enough to start the rotors for a manual take off. But once in the air (after an auto take off) I found the smoother movements to be great and indeed more cinematic. I don't need extreme movements while I'm flying certain missions. I'm sure some will argue (and I won't disagree) that you want FRM at all times should the need arise in an emergency situation. The sticks are adjustable by design in terms of stick stiffness but even at their loosest, they are too stiff for FRM. I plan to contact the maker to see if he might consider different "grades" of stiffness.

I concur although the rubber is a bit too stiff for certain maneuvers. For example, I wasn't able to lower the sticks far enough to start the rotors for manual take off. Once I'm in the air, it's great for slow cinematic movements but clearly the rubber is limiting the full-range of motion on the sticks. You?
I would agree there are some limitations but I auto take off anyway so it doesn't bother me in that respect.

I would agree there are some limitations but I auto take off anyway so it doesn't bother me in that respect.
There are times when one immediately needs maximum ascension, say to avoid a bird attack, or immediately climb up over an unexpected tree or power line. Anything that would limit that capability with full left stick input is a potential hazard, which is why the expo controls are better suited for dampening stick responsiveness. Expo changes don't affect the max stick capabilities, so they are always still available.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00