DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
My experience as an operator and photographer tells me that it is a stain on the sensor ("Tablet") of the camera ...
In professional reflex cameras it is relatively easy to access and clean the sensor ...
In a drone, unless you have the "part list" of your model (something almost impossible in the network ... unless you are a SAT .. "legal" technical assistance service) ... unfortunately you will have to go to a Official DJI SAT ..
If it were on the lens, it would be simpler (and you would know it since that spot would be seen in the same place but more affected by the light conditions ... and the reflection in it ..).
Greetings.

It’s possible it is a water stain on the sensor. We used to get similar with our broadcast cameras when working overseas in high humidity locations.

Oil-based stains usually come from a mechanical shutter mechanism. Oil often gives a slight colour shift too.

Mold on a lens would normally give a spider web like pattern on the glass and only slightly noticeable on the final image. I had exactly that on a 150mm Mamiya lens that had been stored without its silica-gel pack for a few years in less than ideal conditions.

I agree with the others that most to be from condensation on the sensor, not the lens.

Reactions: nafisgal
It hasn't ever been exposed to a laser or any other high power energy fields. I also reset the drone to factory settings using the DJI Assistant on my PC. It seems I have no option but to replace the camera assembly with the sensor and lens. Thanks for your help everyone.

I just had the same thing happen to my Mavic Pro. Inherited it from my dad, he never flew it. I've flown it maybe 10-12 times over the last year, and it's been three months since I last did. I had the gimbal cover on and in the storage case.

2020-11-14_14-11-54.jpg

I just had the same thing happen to my Mavic Pro. Inherited it from my dad, he never flew it. I've flown it maybe 10-12 times over the last year, and it's been three months since I last did. I had the gimbal cover on and in the storage case.

Just a follow-up on my issue - I put the Mavic Pro in front of one of my furnace vents overnight to see if it would help dry out any condensation inside. Turned it on today and the spot seems to be gone! I'll confirm after I'm able to get it up in the air after these wind gusts die down later this week. Thanks for the help here!

Just a follow-up on my issue - I put the Mavic Pro in front of one of my furnace vents overnight to see if it would help dry out any condensation inside. Turned it on today and the spot seems to be gone! I'll confirm after I'm able to get it up in the air after these wind gusts die down later this week. Thanks for the help here!
Would love to hear whether the problem dissaperaed after putting the drone in front of your furnace vents...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000